Need your help

Icaro

Guys, when I was about 8 I watched a movie that still is one of the most brilliant that I've ever seen. Time passes and now I am trying to find it. I'm not sure how the time disfigured the plot in my mind, but I think that the history talks about a guy in a martial school, a spirit and some secret scrolls. I think it is a comedy, but not quite sure. I remember that the guy didn't hang out well with the spirit - that looks like a girl. Maybe this guys is a servant in the school/temple, and he - maybe - accidently got some of the scrolls and started kicking some guys. Well, it's all I can say. Hope you guys forgive my bad english and help me find this movie.

Chia Ling AKA Judy Lee
I can't express in words my gratitude. You gave me the most nostalgic feeling of my life. Thanks, man.

Really nice to see such enthusiasm! If you like this check out some of Jackie's other old school stuff like Magnificent Bodyguards, Snake & Crane Arts Of Shaolin, Shaolin Wooden Men! It's all great!

Just watched the clip Morgoth posted. Man, it's been a long time since I've watched Spiritual Kung Fu and I never have secured a DVD of it. (Still got my VHS tape but my VCR eats stuff like that now days.) This is one of my favorite early JC films. The only thing I didn't like about it and I think is unique to a Chan film is the use of reversing the action such him flipping backwards but in reality he was flipping forwards. Maybe it was something new the director was experimenting with. I mean, it's wholly unnecessary but I guess at the time he thought it was cool. It doesn't take away from the movie in any way though and it's used rarely.

Cognoscente
On 9/30/2010 at 2:25 PM, ShaOW!linDude said:

The only thing I didn't like about it and I think is unique to a Chan film is the use of reversing the action such him flipping backwards but in reality he was flipping forwards. Maybe it was something new the director was experimenting with. I mean, it's wholly unnecessary but I guess at the time he thought it was cool. It doesn't take away from the movie in any way though and it's used rarely.

Lo Wei used this technique earlier in The Big Boss, which Bruce would then use in Way of the Dragon and Enter the Dragon.

• Like 1