IRON BODYGUARD--strange news

bobo

hi--i just happened to be checking HKFLIX and noticed that you can pre order an uncut english dub of IRON BODYGUARD-- only problem is that its from PAN MEDIA. so what happened to media blaster's version--is it cancelled or just delayed ? seems strange that this is announced on the day that media blasters version was to be released. is this the usual english dub put over a celestial copy or did pan media some how get the rights to the MB shaws ? does anyone know if MB still going to complete the rest of their shaws ?:tinysmile_angry2_t:

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm looking into this a bit. The Media Blasters schedule through December doesn't mention Shaws. The Iron Bodyguard that Pan Media is putting out is just a fan made mashup of the IVL DVD and an english dub track. It's not a professional release.

Morgoth Bauglir

I think it's obvious what Panmedia is doing. They are just looking to cash in on people that were hoping Iron Bodyguard was going to be released by MB yesterday. And it doesn't say uncut English dub. It just says uncut. Panmedia slaps the "uncut" on there to try and sucker more people into buying it.

Why are they allowed to get away with openly selling bootlegs?

WHY doesnt the company that own the rights come down on them like a ton of bricks??

I step out of topic and say something about movie itself.And word of warning/spoiler for those who have not seen it;if/as you love CKT like me you want to see this anyway and movie is not bad.But fights are not what they should be.CKT character is made too invincible he does not have worthy opponent...

And for panmedia issue HKFlix selling bootlegs too bad.I will buy my dvd-s from bit more expensive online retailer which sells only legal releases.

I understand some movies are only available as boots and no complain about that but those items where legal releases available supporting boots does affects sales of genuine dvd-s and ultimately may cause we see less proper stuff in our shelves.

I too found this film very dissapointing. I applaud any Shaw releases especially Blu ray but i wont be buying this one.

Hi!

Just got confirmation that the Media Blasters' release of Iron Bodyguard will come out in Jan 2011. No exact date at this time.

h

Great to see that it's still coming out... but next year?! Does that mean no other MB releases this year? We only had one new release so far this year (Kid With The Golden Arm) ! At this rate, it'll be years before we ever see their release of Chinatown Kid. :sad:

Shaolin Patriot

I hope that this doesn't spell financial trouble for MB and the end of the SB releases!

MB doesn't have anymore Shaw's planned for 2010. They wanted to get whatever was wrong with Iron Bodyguard straight before putting out any others.

Hi!

Just got confirmation that the Media Blasters' release of Iron Bodyguard will come out in Jan 2011. No exact date at this time.

h

Is the Bluray/dvd combo still coming also?

Checked out HKFlix.com

There was an urgent note saying "This title has been cancelled by the studio", so HAZ is on the ball :) Great job!

just checked AMAZON---->media blaster IRON BODYGUARD is listed as MARCH 29th / 2011. serenity now---serenity now.:squigglemouth:

Serenity now... insanity later :khi1h:

The Amazon date is confirmed by Media Blasters!

- I haven't heard if the blu-ray/dvd combo pack is still in the plans or if it's just dvd. I will ask, though.

Thanks!

h

Archived