Movie identification (very little info)

Wing Kong

I tried a search of this forum and didn't come up with anything, so I'll apologize now if this is a repeat question...

I have a deal with Sifu, that he'll teach me a rarely taught sword form (or so he says) if I can find out the name of this movie that we've both seen, but can't remember it. It would be from the 70's and the fight scene is on a bridge and one fighter does a leopard/tiger strike to the stomach/chest and pulls out the beating heart of his opponent. Now Sifu says that there is a black guy in this movie, but I don't remember that part, but the punch and pulling the heart out is certain.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I tried a search of this forum and didn't come up with anything, so I'll apologize now if this is a repeat question...

I have a deal with Sifu, that he'll teach me a rarely taught sword form (or so he says) if I can find out the name of this movie that we've both seen, but can't remember it. It would be from the 70's and the fight scene is on a bridge and one fighter does a leopard/tiger strike to the stomach/chest and pulls out the beating heart of his opponent. Now Sifu says that there is a black guy in this movie, but I don't remember that part, but the punch and pulling the heart out is certain.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Could it be Soul Brothers of Kung Fu? Carl Scott (who is black) stars in it. I haven't seen the entire movie only a few scenes, but in the uncut ending Carl Scott gets his heart ripped out in a gory close up.

Could it be Soul Brothers of Kung Fu? Carl Scott (who is black) stars in it. I haven't seen the entire movie only a few scenes, but in the uncut ending Carl Scott gets his heart ripped out in a gory close up.

Does Bruce Li actually rip out Ku Feng's heart? The version I have Bruce jabs his finger into Ku's chest. There's a "heartbeat" audio track and then Ku falls to the ground with a bloody shirt. There is certainly a jump cut here as the scene appears cut, so curious if that's the cut part.

Oh, Wing Kong, if this is the film you seek, another member of the forum (ChineseSausage) has uploaded the complete film to YouTube.

Thanks for the replies! I was hoping that Soul Brothers of Kung Fu was the one as it has all the element I listed so I sent Sifu the link for the youTUBE movie (thanks to ChineseSausage for putting all of that up) but he says that isn't the one. He does remember some more info about the movie though listed below..

"The heart extraction takes place on a small wooden bridge and the majority of the characters, if not all, are American and one, I am certain, is blind or blindfolded, The black guy and white guy, who were best friends, have to fight each other."

Maybe that'll help...

Thanks again for all the replies.

The way I remember this part of the movie was it was a spear hand strike to the solar plexus, which impaled the guy, then he yanked up and out with the guys heart still beating. Ahhhhhggg.. This is driving me nuts, because I know I've seen this movie.:ooh:

I think you're thinking of movie Shootfighter: Fight to the Death

WnTVqx_3nhs&has_verified=1

The big guy rips out the heart of the smaller guy in the end of the clip :wink:

Knockabout, thanks for the clip, but unfortunately that isn't the movie. I kind of thought this movie would be an easy one to peg, but I guess there are several movies where one gets their heart yanked out! I've looked all over youTUBE with all kinds of funky searches too.

Wow, I'd love to know this too. Someone told me today they used to watch kung fu movies in the '70s at the theater and they wanted to know if I knew the name of this same movie, where the guy gets his heart ripped out. They've been trying for ages, but can't remember the name of the film.

I didn't know it...

Archived