Hi Res - Shaw Bros stills

Son Of A Gun

If you liked what you got here, do the right thing and leave a thankyou. Otherwise there will be no more to come..

[click on the bar above the image to get full size]

db_178019b1.jpg

db_178019g1.jpg

db_177036b1.jpg

db_177036c1.jpg

db_177036d1.jpg

db_177036h1.jpg

db_177036t1.jpg

db_177036v1.jpg

db_177036w1.jpg

db_177036x1.jpg

db_178019a1.jpg

db_178019l1.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Noelle Shadow Kick

Ooh they look great! And nice choices too, I was actually looking for good stills from those movies a while back to make a background on my computer and there was pretty much nothing. I'd also love to see some more!

Never in my life have i seen such rules over posting old pics of Kung Fu movies. I bought my pics fair and square yet I can't scan them and post them for others to enjoy. Why? I post pictures on the net all the time. Never had this kind of problem before. I don't even know what movies the pics are from. I just thought they looked good. You can't buy these types of images anymore anyway can you?

To clarify this...

Let's first look at a post by SadShawFan:

"At the beginning, Celestial allowed free access to the "big original sized" images and promo material, most of which was on a server for Getty Images HK and their company server, where you got a password and username from the staff to access it from all over the world. Later IVL provided access for press, fansites at al via their company server (same routine, you got a password and URL and off you went). But as some of those who were allowed to use it for informtion and promotion purposes only, they used it for other reasons (Shawscope, bootleggers etc.) So both companys stopped most of the access by providing only sized down images first and shutting off most former users completely later."

As you can see, these pix were FREE to all. Not sure, Son Of A Gun, why someone charged you for these? Hopefully it wasn't a lot. Also, the pix you purchased are smaller than those publicity stills released by Celestial. These usually ran 1800 X whatever (it varied). Give you an example:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/gregobehave/HK%20movie%20images%20for%20forums/db_177036t1.jpg

Now compare it with this:

http://www.teako170.com/cp_still.jpg

The reason why such photos are not allowed on the forum is simple. A member here contacted CP and complained because another member was posting these images. These very same images that the first party had SOLD to the 2nd party and then felt betrayed because they were not meant to be shared with the masses. Pretty silly stuff if you ask me since these stills were, once again, free for all to download and enjoy.

Anyhow, Son Of A Gun, I'm sure the other members appreciate you posting these pix and my post is not to deter to you either. My one suggestions is, instead of using the IMG tab to post your pix, to post the URL to the photobucket site where these stills are hosted. This way the images do not appear in the forum or on kfc.com (hence no breaking of the rules) but still (love that line, btw) your pix can be enjoyed by the forum at large. Thanks...

Ok, teako170, thanks for the info. I had no idea any of this stuff had taken place.

As for the original image being larger than mine. I colour corrected and resized mine before posting, that's all.

And damn! I didn't know there was a Getty Images HK! Would love to have access to that. :tongue:

Archived