Sonny Chiba 'Karate' Films

shukocarl

Does anyone have a list of 'karate' films that Sonny Chiba made - rather than Samurai,Ninja, or other genres?

Thanks in advance

Carl:angel:

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carl, off the top of my head, his main films regarding Karate are the MASUTATSU TRILOGY (KARATE BULLFIGHTER, KARATE BEARFIGHTER, KARATE FOR LIFE).

Yeah, thanks for that but I know I can include:

STREETFIGHTER TRILOGY

KILLING MACHINE

KARATE WARRIORS

THE BODYGUARD

SISTER STREEFIGHTER

DRAGON PRINCESS

SOUL OF CHIBA

Any more with primarily Karate action?

You could add the first EXECUTIONER film - but not the second, as it's primarily a piss-poor comedy.

Yeah I forgot that one and I have it too!:smile:

Technically the 2 "Executioner" flics are ninja movies, since his character is trained in ninjutsu.

Some others are:

The Doberman Detective

Golgo 13: Kowloon Assignment

Roaring Fire

Fighting Fist

Oyaji

And if by "karate" movies were talking hand-to-hand fighting, then these could also be considered:

The Judo Generation: The Devil of Kodokan

The Defensive Power of Aikido

Technically the 2 "Executioner" flics are ninja movies, since his character is trained in ninjutsu.

Some others are:

The Doberman Detective

Golgo 13: Kowloon Assignment

Roaring Fire

Fighting Fist

Oyaji

And if by "karate" movies were talking hand-to-hand fighting, then these could also be considered:

The Judo Generation: The Devil of Kodokan

The Defensive Power of Aikido

Mmmm, I don't think those titles qualify....and tell me that Chiba dosen't use Karate in EXECUTIONER 1 :smile: Judo & Aikido aren't Karatedo either.:xd:

Morgoth Bauglir

Sonny Chiba's style in Power of Aikido is karate. I'm not an expert on karate or anything but I'm pretty sure about this.

Mmmm, I don't think those titles qualify....and tell me that Chiba dosen't use Karate in EXECUTIONER 1 :smile: Judo & Aikido aren't Karatedo either.:xd:

He does use Karate in "The Executioner" films, but his character is supposed to be doing Ninjutsu, which is why I said "technically" it's a ninja movie. And since you guys included it as a "Karate" movie I thought you might be talking more in terms of unarmed / hand-to-hand fighting movies as opposed to Kenjutsu / sword fighting ones. I wasn't suggesting Judo and Aikido are the same as Karate, just that if you're looking for CHIBA unarmed fighting movies those could be considered. :tongue:

Archived