Pan's Labyrinth

Guest BKarza

Anyone see this? Saw something about it on HBO. Apparently came out Dec 29 in theaters. Spanish w/eng subs. It's an R rated fairytale/horror type flick done by the Blade 2/Hellboy director.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Dion Brother

Saw it. Good movie, not great. More of an expansion of the ideas in DEVIL'S BACKBONE. Very brutal and gory, something the audience didn't expect. Worth checking out if it is playing near ya.

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Great film, extremely original and very deep. No spoilers here, just watch it. Del Toro is a brilliant filmmaker. He's got one hell of an imagination as well. Cant see what the man puts together next. (I think its Hellboy 2)

Guest Tosh
I seen the preview of this movie at first I thought it was a children's movie, then I realized that it was far from that.

Ah yes, very far, it's violent and brutal, the franco war could of made a good movie on it's own, Devil's Backbone was more of a ghost story, this is more of a fantasy/war movie. I find it interesting that Del Toro uses the Spanish civil war as a backdrop to his movies, and yes, as a huge Hellboy fan, I can't wait till part two!

I have to agree, the best movie I've seen so far this year, with all the cookie cutter films out there, this one was truley unique.

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Bkarza, just watched this last night. Wow! This movie took me totally by surprise. This is definitively a tragic and brutal depiction of a child caught in the throws of an adults world lost in the depravity of the war torn country of Spain 1944.

There is one scene in particular that is so perfectly nightmarish. I was blown away by the creature, a spawn of hell, who guards a key the little girl is instructed to obtain. Extremely cool scene for horror film lovers.

Brutal violence in this film as well. You should at least rent the film, but I personally think it's certaintly worth owning.

Great acting, nice pacing, indepth dialogue, complete storyline. The only thing I thought could have been improved was the very end.

Archived