What's Next for Scott Adkins?

Guest jsmith

I must admit he is an impressive individual. After looking at Undisputed 2 & 3 and even his lesser films Ninja and his smaller roles.

i have become very inspired by his combo of Gymnastics mixed with Martial Arts moves.

Has there been any news on Undisputed 4? Did undisputed 3 sell ??

Will we ever see Boyka again?

I read that Stallone offered him a role in Expendables but had to turn it down but ended up doing Undisputed 3.

He said in an interview that he would beg sly for a part in Expendables 2.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They've paired up before in Van Damme's movie 'The Shepherd'. I agree it will be good to see them together again. My only exception to that will be if they're paired off as hero and villain again. IMO: Their fight in the previous movie was good but Adkins' abilities were pared down so as not to show JCVD up. Of course, that could happen again even if this turns out to be a buddy flick.

Does anyone know if this is another Florentine project?

Cast

Jean-Claude Van Damme ... Brazil

Scott Adkins ... Roland Flint

Michael Higgs ... Godfrey

other cast:

Bianca Van Varenberg ... Anna Flint

Kristopher Van Varenberg ... Schell

Maria-Antoaneta Tudor ... Herrod's wife

Director:Ernie Barbarash

Release Date:2011 (USA) See more »

Genre:Action | Thriller See more »

Plot:

Jack Conway and Derek Chase are the two best assassins in the world-but unknown to each other.

While Conway is a master sharpshooter, Chase is equally skilled with a knife.

These two rival assassins form an uneasy alliance to take down the head of a drug cartel, which is backed by the DEA

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1436568/

http://thevandammefans.vandammefan.net/forumdisplay.php?f=277

below is some fanmade posters..

post-9804-144191888208_thumb.jpg

post-9804-14419188821_thumb.jpg

post-9804-144191888211_thumb.jpg

TibetanWhiteCrane

So Van D actually managed to squeeze both his kids into his new flick! Why stop there.... how about the wife, the dog, the gardener....! I would call Hollywood nepotism, but since this is a low budget, direct to dvd effort, shot in Romania or whereever, then I guess it can't qualify as such.

To be honest, I thought Van D would have made more out of the positive buzz and temporary momentum that he gained with JCVD. But it seems he is more or less back where he was before... stuck in eastern european DTDVD limbo, like Seagal and the other has beens!

I think Blood Hostage will be made after Weapon. I believe it's still in the developing stages. I actually got messages on Facebook from Isaac Florentine...he's a great guy to talk to.

ShaOW!linDude

Well, dig you and your hobnobbing self. I really kind of wish that project was coming out before "Weapon". I'm afraid Adkins will have to tone down his talent so as not to make JCVD look bad.

Though you may not know his name you are probably familiar with the work of Ross Clarkson if you are any sort of fight fan. A highly experienced camera man and cinematographer who was specialized in action movies throughout his career Clarkson's resume includes the upcoming Conan reboot along with multiple titles with Jean Claude Van Damme and Scott Adkins. If you, like me, were impressed by the camera work in Undisputed III then you've got Clarkson to thank, at least in part, as he was both cinematographer and camera operator on that film, along with Ninja and Undisputed II. Which means he knows a thing or two about martial arts star Scott Adkins, who starred in all three of those titles.

And now that Clarkson is getting ready to step into the director's chair for the first time he's bringing Adkins with him. The project is titled Rage Of The Tiger and Nik from Scott Adkins Fanz has posted an extensive synopsis here.

For those unfamiliar with Adkins all I can say is go out and pick up a copy of Undisputed III. The man is simply one of the biggest talents in global action film today and simply hasn't caught a project whose profile matches his talent yet. One day the suits will notice and make him into a big star but for now we've got him to ourselves in these lower budgeted affairs.

from Twitch

http://twitchfilm.com/news/2011/02/undisputed-iii-cinematographer-to-direct-rage-of-the-tiger-with-scott-adkins.php

blue_skies

I was just browsing IMDB and found that Scott Adkins is due to make another picture with Isaac Florentine called Blood Hostage. The story line says

"a brother is out to rescue and avenge his younger brother caught in Lebanon by terrorists"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1657272/

Apparently it is pre-production and Florentine wants to utilize the Israeli self-defense style of Krav Maga in the film. Krav Maga was used by Jennifer Lopez in ENOUGH and Brendan Fraser even trained in the style for his fight scenes in MUMMY: TOMB OF THE DRAGON EMPEROR.

One Armed Boxer
Krav Maga was used by Jennifer Lopez in ENOUGH and Brendan Fraser even trained in the style for his fight scenes in MUMMY: TOMB OF THE DRAGON EMPEROR

Ha ha...it's a great way to promote the art, 'Krav Maga - The Martial Art featured in 2 of the Worst Movies Ever Made!'.

I'm sure for a while it was the "in" martial art to learn in Hollywood, I'm pretty sure Matt Damon utilised it in the Bourne movies, as well as Liam Neeson in 'Taken'. It's pretty brutal and direct, very efficient.

Ha ha...it's a great way to promote the art, 'Krav Maga - The Martial Art featured in 2 of the Worst Movies Ever Made!'.

I'm sure for a while it was the "in" martial art to learn in Hollywood, I'm pretty sure Matt Damon utilised it in the Bourne movies, as well as Liam Neeson in 'Taken'. It's pretty brutal and direct, very efficient.

The Bourne movies utilized Filipino Kali which make sense due to the amount of close quaters, hand to hand combat.

Taken seems to have used a similar style.

Either way I'm excited for this movie... and another chance to showcase Adkins screen fighting ability.

It appears there might be a chance of a third Ninja themed team-up, with Adkins and director Issac Florentine.

One Armed Boxer
1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

It appears there might be a chance of a third Ninja themed team-up, with Adkins and director Issac Florentine.

Hmm...I remember Adkins posting an almost identical post to this one back in late 2016 (which is when the 'Ninja 3' Facebook page was created).  As always, there'll be plenty of interest, the question is not really so much about if anyone wants another installment, but rather who would pay for a copy.

Adkins said in one of his press junkets for 'Accident Man' (I forget which site it was for) that there was no chance of any further 'Ninja' or 'Undisputed' instalments, as neither 'Shadow of a Tear' or 'Boyka' broke even, so if we do get one, it'll likely be very low budget.  Hopefully the fact that he's asking the question again now though means that people actually went out and bought 'Accident Man', so it could be a window of opportunity to strike while the irons hot.

As for the previous posts in this thread, does anyone have any idea whatever happened to 'Rage of the Tiger', 'Blood Hostage', and 'Weapon' (which has set photos posted that are now dead links - but I assume must have undergone a re-title at some point)?

1 hour ago, One Armed Boxer said:

As for the previous posts in this thread, does anyone have any idea whatever happened to 'Rage of the Tiger', 'Blood Hostage', and 'Weapon' (which has set photos posted that are now dead links - but I assume must have undergone a re-title at some point)?

He was also attached to the Dolph Lundgren directed Malevolence, which has now been put on hold.

1 hour ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Adkins said in one of his press junkets for 'Accident Man' (I forget which site it was for) that there was no chance of any further 'Ninja' or 'Undisputed' instalments, as neither 'Shadow of a Tear' or 'Boyka' broke even, so if we do get one, it'll likely be very low budget.  Hopefully the fact that he's asking the question again now though means that people actually went out and bought 'Accident Man', so it could be a window of opportunity to strike while the irons hot.

I dont have any social media accounts, might join up to FaceBook to just like and comment on the Ninja 3 thread. Sadly a lot of Scott Adkins fans, just think the guys there to churn out movies, so they can download them for free.

Archived