Iron Fist movie

CrazyFrog

Yeah, I think it might actually happen now. Disney is interested in putting out some more of the Marvel catalog out in movies and this is one of them, along with possibly Dr. Strange. they have a screenwriter lined up (from the xXx movie) and things sound like they have some steam behind them.

So, I'm pretty stoked on this (cuz Iron Fist was/is one of my favorites) but questions remain:

1. What about Luke Cage, brother? Separate movie or should it be a Heroes for Hire kind of thing?

2. The recent run on Iron Fist from Casanova/Brubaker was pretty good; I like the whole mythology they were building on that series. Hopefully this movie could incorporate some of that.

3.Who would be Iron Fist? Previous discussions mentioned Ray Park but he maybe a little old for it now (or maybe not) but who else would be a good candidate for the role?

http://www.hollywood.com/news/Marvel_Hires_Writer_To_Pen_Iron_Fist_Movie/7144299

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crazy Frog, dude, you may well be about to open a can of worms here.

I sit in on the forums at SuperHeroHype(this is not a plug). Some of those guys are going crazy debating the very questions you raised.

Here's my $0.02: To me, it would be an ideal project for Isaac Florentine and Scott Adkins. I firmly believe a martial artist should play the role. Granted, Adkins needs to work on his acting. But I hate seeing actors doubled especially for something like this. Florentine knows how to shoot action especially MA flicks. This movie wouldn't have to have a lot of fx but it would need some. With a good script I think it could be done for $50M or less. Michael Jai White could play Luke Cage. Do a solo film for each character and then put them together in a 3rd for Heroes For Hire.

Here's the reality: If it's going to be a Disney pic, you can forget everything I just wrote. They'll want an A list actor to sell it and it'll be tame action wise for the kids. That's my prediction but I'm no prophet.

By the way, FYI, just to give you a sense of the consensus on the other forums: Most of those guys don't really care for or if a martial artist plays this role. Many of them believe the fighting action will work just as well if it's doubled or............hold your breath........CGI-ed. Oh, Ray Park is out(too old in case this were to go the franchise way and not considered a very good actor) and they hate the thought of him doing this anyway.

More confirmation about Marvel movies, especially Iron Fist. Looks like they might base it on the Fraction/Brubaker run, which is awesome!

The Hollywood stops making comic book movies and turn to proper action or sci-fi ,it will be a great day for movies imho. I'm sick to death of these type of movies, only Blade 1 & 2 was a worthy comic book film and well done version imho.

BTW how can a mainstream disney adaption be "cult"?

I think that this one (Iron Fist) could be a stellar action movie and no less credulous than any mainstream blockbuster.

The main issue for me is the decision on which storylines to include (Luke Cage) and what actor they are going to use for Iron Fist/Danny rand character. Someone like Ray Park or Scott Adkins would be perfect physically for it but I am not sure on the acting front if they can carry the whole movie. I would like to think that one of them could; my fear, however, is that they'll use a name actor or someone without the physicality and then sub in someone like Park or Adkins.

I think that this could a superlative action/martial-arts/fantasy movie with the right people in it.Positive thinking!!

P.S. it can be cult because has the average American heard of Iron Fist? He was a somewhat popular character in the Marvel Universe but not exactly known all over pop culture.

TRON is a cult film and it was Disney. Cult just means that it has a dedicated, probably not mainstream, following for years after it is released. Many cult films (such as Enter the Dragon) were major studio releases. Personally, I doubt DIsney can do a worse job than Marvel has over the last few years. As mentioned, the only good comic adaptations lately (although I would argue that the Tim Burton Batman and The Crow were fairly good as well) were the Blade movies which Marvel didn't control. All Marvel's films have been almost good at best.

Archived