Spider-Man 3

Guest Daisho2004

Guest CHIANG FU

I saw SPIDERMAN 3 the other day. What I like best about it is the emotional aspect of it. I felt like it was very realistic and smart to show Spidey have some vulnerability. And I could see some of myself in each of the characters.

I know how Peter Parker must have felt. I have wondered myself why do some very bad things happen to good people like ME? I understand why the darkness almost took him over. He lost his Uncle and thought he had come to terms with it (as much as is possible) only to find out he most certainly has not.

I know how MARY JANE must have felt. I know what it's like when people like you one day and then treat you like you're nothing the next. I've had the same experience of feeling like you can't talk to people about how you feel because no matter how much you try to explain, they still don't GET IT.

I understand how HARRY must have felt. I know how confusing and frustrating it is trying to deal with the fact that someone close to you has done you real wrong. And for them to call themselves explaining or apologizing would be like trying to put a bandage over a knife wound. I understand why he felt he had the right to seek revenge.

The SANDMAN?

This is a classic example of how people don't want to give somebody a second chance when they messed up. Nobody wants to listen. Nobody cares about your truth. So you don't change because...what's the point?

But VENOM...

This was someone more than happy stepping to the bad side because he couldn't have what he wanted. He felt he couldn't win fair and square so he took his frustration out on others and stooped to any level. And that is no way to live. I did not like him at all.

I think this is a very worthwhile movie to see.

Guest HANZOSTEEL

Damn i remember when venom was first introduced. This is how it happened in the comic books

Spider man was on another planet with all of the other heroes from earth and other places, i think

they were fighting the end of the human race in an entity called ''the beyonder". This all took place

in Secret Wars, cant remember what issue maybe #8. 1ST Appearance of the "alien symbiote"

(later to become spidey's costume and then Venom; eddie brock as the host).

On his way back to earth the black muck (alien costume), part of it came back to earth with spider

man. It was creeping around Peter parkers apartment and Eventually although quite ''amazed"

Peter Parker begins to find the creepy crawly black thing quite usefull, it would come to his

command, bend to his thoughts and to top it off it could cover him in an instant and become the

costume.

Also if i remember correctly before the ''alien symbiote" PP used to use cartrigdges in the comic

book to refill his webbing; with the costume it was not neccesary.

It was something else at night the costume would take over peter parkers body when he was

asleep and he would swing aroung the city.

Reed richards of the fantastic four helps spiderman CATCH the costume blasting it off his body

with radiation i believe, either that or sound waves, blasted with sound waves because it did not

want to leave Peter parker as a host. Eventually the FF began to study it in an isolation chamber

of which the costume was lurking now and appeared to have gained it's own shape. it's

personality was more defined by now an entity of it's own.

Eddie Brock (later venom) a photographer at the place Peter parker worked is pissed off at Peter

parker but i cant remember why i think it was a job issue peter parker took his job or whatever.

I dont know Exactly how it happened but eddie brock became Venom soon after.

In the comic books he was a big guy not a guy who looks like toby mcguires brother in spiderman

There was a huge deal about this over at Marvel comics in the world of spider man and his

popularity really grew thanks to the artistic impressions of Todd Mcfarlane who drew probably

like nobody ever could at the time. Todd Mcfarlane and Mark Beachum. I think the popuarity of

''spiderman'' at this time even spawned a new Spider Man title but i forget which one. Possibly

spider man vol. 2 ''the amazing spider man"

Spider man was wearing the suit for a while and even after it left him in the comics he made his

own ''black and white suit'' Interesting time i loved it. Venom became a "good guy" in the comics

because he became popular i suppose.

Makes me want to go back into my collection and read it all over again. Im lucky i didnt sell it all

cant wait to see it at the movies.

Guest Daisho2004

Well I'll tell you this much I just got to watch the Spider-Man "Venom Saga" which is an animated movie and it was great, it put the movie to shame. It introduced Venom and how it come to earth pretty much how "HanzoSteel" said in his post review. It also introduced you to Carnage if the film makers would've stayed true to this animated movie it would've been one of the Greatest Super Hero movies every made. It still is a must see if you want to have some of the gaps filled in that the movie left out.

I am pulling for a Mysterio appearance myself.

with the CG technology of nowadays, i think he would be a

good fit.

Just some thought-anybody fans of/familiar with the late 60's

Spidey comics? the 1/2 hour episdodes.

Those were the SH*T.

Cognoscente

I wish that Ma Yuk-Sing had choreographed the fight between Peter Parker and Harry Osborn, because his stunt team-mates had worked on the first two movies. Ching Siu-Tung had worked as a stunt coordinator on the first movie, albeit uncredited, whereas Dion Lam had worked on the first sequel. Having Ma work on the threequel would have made for a neat pattern.

• Like 3

A lot of people give this movie hell, but I thought it was alright. Tobey Maguire was a damn good Peter Parker/Spiderman. I would have loved to seen him do at least one more movie. 

• Like 3

Omni Dragon
15 hours ago, DarthKato said:

A lot of people give this movie hell, but I thought it was alright. Tobey Maguire was a damn good Peter Parker/Spiderman. I would have loved to seen him do at least one more movie. 

I completely agree.

Sure Spider-Man 3 has its problems, but still I think a lot of the dislike comes from it not being as good as Raimi's first two Spider-Man movies.

• Like 3

Drunken Monk
16 hours ago, DarthKato said:

Tobey Maguire was a damn good Peter Parker/Spiderman.

I've always thought this too. Admittedly, I don't love his third Spider-Man outing (I think it goes waaaay too campy in places) but Maguire was always a fantastic choice.

• Like 4