Disciples Of The 36th Chamber on Blu Ray from DD

David Rees

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgoth Bauglir

I don't see anything about Blu Ray in the link.

I'm looking forward to this for the English dub. The only place I've seen it available is flk.

I don't see anything about Blu Ray in the link.

I'm looking forward to this for the English dub. The only place I've seen it available is flk.

When they showed this on TV in the UK earlier this year that was a remastered English dub.

masterofoneinchpunch
I see Dragon Dynasty are going to release Disciples Of The 36th Chamber on Blu ray in December. Two questions, please let it be an improvement on 36th Chamber blu ray release and why no Blu release for Return To The 36th Chamber?

DISCIPLES OF THE 36TH CHAMBER BLU RAY AMAZON

That's a pretty bad spelling mistake there: Disciplefs of the 36th Chamber :D

Morgoth Bauglir

Gotta disagree. Great movie. Hsiao Ho's awesome and so is Gordon Liu. And Lily Li in one of my favorite roles from her.

Now if DD was releasing a POS like Cat vs Rat, then I'd be pissed.

Gotta disagree. Great movie. Hsiao Ho's awesome and so is Gordon Liu. And Lily Li in one of my favorite roles from her.

Now if DD was releasing a POS like Cat vs Rat, then I'd be pissed.

I haven't seen Cat vs Rat but I've read threads on this board that make it sound like a Fu Sheng classic. I've tried to watch Disciples 3 times and I either fall asleep or turn it off. Hsiao Ho is actually why I dont like many of LKL's films. Who is the servant in Heroes of the East? He is also in Boxer From Shantung and Executioners From Shaolin. I like his acting much better than Hsaio Ho

Morgoth Bauglir

Hsiao Ho is my favorite Fong Sai Yuk, better than Jet, Meng Fei and Fu Sheng. And I like all those guys in the role. He plays the role of a young, tough trouble maker perfectly.

You are lucky you haven't seen Cat vs Rat. Easily one of the worst SB movies I've seen. I was hoping a great final fight would make up for the rest of the movie, but man was I wrong.

I haven't seen Cat vs Rat but I've read threads on this board that make it sound like a Fu Sheng classic. I've tried to watch Disciples 3 times and I either fall asleep or turn it off. Hsiao Ho is actually why I dont like many of LKL's films. Who is the servant in Heroes of the East? He is also in Boxer From Shantung and Executioners From Shaolin. I like his acting much better than Hsaio Ho

I believe the actor's name is Ho Bo-Sing.

If you like kung fu, Disciples & Cat Vs are bona fide classics. There's lessons in them; skills good as anything ever put on screen, even if the films don't live up to the best of them, the martials do & then some.

Yeah that's him, though he wasn't much of a screen fighter I think he played that best friend, flunky, comic character pretty well, better than Hsaio Ho. This guy to me is a good actor, I think LKL's later films abandoned the good actors who he replaced with his fighters who can't act, namely Hsaio Ho. I understand why Cheng Cheh used certain teams of actors in his films, it made sense. I don't get the team of Gordon Liu, Kara Hiu, and Hsaio Ho, that's not box office gold to me. I think Gordon Liu would of done well to remain a solo star, like a Ti Lung, rather than ensemble casting in films.

Morgoth Bauglir

Hsiao Ho is a bit hit and miss. He's good in the lead roles I've seen him in, Mad Monkey and Disciples. Like him in Mad Monkey, love him in Disciples. My Young Auntie he is a bit annoying, but overall it was a good performance. he got me to crack up more than a few times.

If you like kung fu, Disciples & Cat Vs are bona fide classics. There's lessons in them; skills good as anything ever put on screen, even if the films don't live up to the best of them, the martials do & then some.
Back in the day I did only watch for the action but after being exposed to nearly all of the Shaw library the past 5 years I don't mind separating the great films from the average and to the "POS" films. Though these directors are great Cheng Cheh was 1/2 stepping on a lot of his venoms films, Chor Yuen was making some horrible clan fiction films & LKL's films were lacking as well, Disciples being a prime example.

Hsiao Ho is a bit hit and miss. He's good in the lead roles I've seen him in, Mad Monkey and Disciples. Like him in Mad Monkey, love him in Disciples. My Young Auntie he is a bit annoying, but overall it was a good performance. he got me to crack more than a few times.
My Young Auntie is actually one of the films I like him while I didn't like Mad Monkey or Disciples at all, lol, we have opposite taste in film, at least when it comes to Hsaio Ho that is.:bigsmile:

Archived