Silent Storm - Kane Kosugi's Next Film

AlbertV

Just found this on the Far East Films site:

Martial arts actor Kane Kosugi will star in a new film that it is being described as the Asian equivalent of a James Bond movie. Going by the name of 'Silent Storm', the project is going to be an international collaboration between Japan, the United States, Korea, and Hong Kong.

Set in Asia, the film will feature spies, hitmen, and beautiful women, much like the James Bond series. However, Kosugi's vision for the hero is a man who looks like an ordinary salaryman in a suit, but who is actually a spy and kung-fu fighter. Kosugi's martial arts background will help him play the part without the use of CG or wires.

Kosugi will also be serving as producer while the director and screenwriter are still being selected from a pool of candidates. Shooting is expected to begin this winter and Kosugi is aiming for theatrical release in Japan sometime next year.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah! Finally! I hope he's got something else in the pipeline coming out before then but this news makes me psyched.

I wouldn't think they would tailor this to a specific James Bond actor but simply after the character himself. However, I would love to hear Kane's impersonation of Connery.

I wouldn't think they would tailor this to a specific James Bond actor but simply after the character himself. However, I would love to hear Kane's impersonation of Connery.

Even though it's not from a Bond film, he'd have to say "You're the man now dog!"

In my opinion at least, there's quite a lot of difference between the debonair international playboy Bond played by Connery and the stone cold Bond played by Craig. I have a feeling that Kosugi be more like Craig's Bond.

I was under the impression that his appearance in the Ryu Seung-wan short TIMELESS was supposed to be something of a dry run for a feature length collaboration with Ryu and the Seoul Action School crew? A shame if that doesn't pan out.

I was under the impression that his appearance in the Ryu Seung-wan short TIMELESS was supposed to be something of a dry run for a feature length collaboration with Ryu and the Seoul Action School crew? A shame if that doesn't pan out.

With Korea being one of the collaborators, I will not be surprised if Jung Doo-Hong gets involved with this film, whether it could be as action director or even a villain role opposite Kane.

Really looking forward to this. MUSCLE HEAT, WAR, and COWEB show what kane is capable of. I would love to see him have a career that matches his father. Maybe Shane can be in it too.

Archived