Lahore (2010) - Farooq Shaikh, Nafisa Ali, Aanaahad, Shradha Das, Mukesh Rishi

AlbertV

I just saw the trailer for this Bollywood film which came out in March. It looks to be a redux of BEST OF THE BEST with shades of perhaps political thrillers like JOINT SECURITY AREA. Warner Brothers released the film in India.

It is about two martial arts teams duking it out in the ring, that of India and Pakistan. Tony Leung Siu-Hung was the film's fight choreographer.

Trailer (EDIT: I saw that the first trailer had disabled embedding so I posted this one)

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1

does anyone know the nam of the music song that is sort of classical and epic in its nature approximately in the middle of the youtube vid?

Based on the info below, I'm guessing that it's either "Lahore - Theme" or "O Re Bande"

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/music/reviews/2010/lahore-music-review-170310.html

• Like 1

The film is definitely a loose remake of Best of the Best. I actually enjoyed it. The film involves a cricket star (Aanaahad) whose brother is on the India team of kickboxers. When he is killed by Pakistan's kickboxing champ Mohammad (Asambhav's big bad Mukesh Rishi), the cricket star decides to take up kickboxing and join the team in a rematch against Pakistan in the city of Lahore. The film even has a top Indian fighter, played by Kelly Dorji, pull an Eric Roberts when it comes to a certain aspect of his BotB character. Like BotB, I actually did tear up at the end of the film. 

• Like 2