The Twelve Gold Medallions

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

I hurt my back, just strained, but I couldn't get up or walk yesterday. Went to the hospital and being perscribed some meds, cyclobenziprine, Roxicet, and 800mg Ibuprofin. It's feeling much better today, but while I was bed bound I checked out some Shaws flicks I'd been meaning to view again after a few years.

This is one of the earliest of the Celestial remasters I'd picked up. Almost five years ago or there about. I just watched it again since then. Great film. The older actors, Ching Miao, and the two other veteran actors play the masters with super human martial art skills. Very good editing for the fight choreography. Good storyline too. This release was at a time when Celestial was putting a little more time and expense to menu features and what have you. Though the english sub translations are still wanting.

I watched Vengeful Beauty right after and wasn't as appreciative of this one compared to TGM. Yueh Hua's role was kinda of marred by his failed attempts to woo his romantic interest.

I'm slowly but surely trying to go through my Shaws library to find the films that stand out to expand my revisiting list of flicks on a monthly basis. Though, I agree with a recent comment by another member of this forum, every Shaw film is like a little 'gem' of escapism. I do love all of them. The period films most especially.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived