The Man With the Iron Fists (2012) The RZA

AlbertV

Drunken Monk

Did you see the tarrintino influence in this?

Absolutely. It's got his name written all over it, it seems. Even Lucy Liu's character seemed a little O'ren Ishii-ish, what with her cold line delivery and killer instinct.

This could be a whole lot of fun, but I doubt it will be the balls out kung fu fest some of us wanted. The "iron skin" CGI looked pretty decent and I like the concept, but until I see some solid choreography, I'm simply anticipating this one as a slice standard enjoyment.

sifu iron perm
Absolutely. It's got his name written all over it, it seems. Even Lucy Liu's character seemed a little O'ren Ishii-ish, what with her cold line delivery and killer instinct.

This could be a whole lot of fun, but I doubt it will be the balls out kung fu fest some of us wanted. The "iron skin" CGI looked pretty decent and I like the concept, but until I see some solid choreography, I'm simply anticipating this one as a slice standard enjoyment.

Plus QT using this to promote his Django Unchained which drops on Christmas. RZA's debut under his film guru..props to both of them.

what is your opinion on his 2012 Django?

I love the Original, the 1966 bastardness of it all was splendid.

So is it just called Ironfists now or what? I agree it would have been nice to have had some decent choreography in the trailer.

sifu iron perm
So is it just called Ironfists now or what? I agree it would have been nice to have had some decent choreography in the trailer.

this looks the super rough edit of it all. Which is why RZA made sure they were took down, pronto.

I really hope we see some vintage kung fu action..

Drunken Monk

what is your opinion on his 2012 Django?

It looks different...in a good way. I think Tarantino is playing it wisely and not giving the audience the true meat of the film, but the chemistry between the leads seems there and DiCaprio looks like he might be a show stealer.

I will say that it looks to be somewhat more lighthearted than QT's other efforts and I'm actually very intrigued to see how it plays out.

sifu iron perm
It looks different...in a good way. I think Tarantino is playing it wisely and not giving the audience the true meat of the film, but the chemistry between the leads seems there and DiCaprio looks like he might be a show stealer.

I will say that it looks to be somewhat more lighthearted than QT's other efforts and I'm actually very intrigued to see how it plays out.

but a black Django????

I wanted the OG looking Django!!

I think it looks awesome! Can't figure out what time period it's supposed to be though, with RZA's slurred Staten Island accent. If nothing else it will surely be a unique movie.

OpiumKungFuCracker

It looks like The Snuff bottle Connection 2012 edition... I will see this 1st thing on opening day!!!!!

sifu iron perm
It looks like The Snuff bottle Connection 2012 edition... I will see this 1st thing on opening day!!!!!

U will most likely get to see this b4 me..I am sure QT and the RZA will come down here with a special showing. We had that with Grindhouse.

I think it looks pretty interesting, I'm looking forward to seeing it when it comes out? When is the release date?

Got to say my expectations have gone down. That Chi Kuan Chun thing he did looks more up my street to be honest.

sifu iron perm

this is just quick clips. I hope we get to see some proper kung fu fighting..i was expecting something like an extended version of his Tragedy video. The clip reminded me of those 90's fantasy madness flicks.

Thought it was going to be a KF flick but it's more fantasy, wu xia, action style. When I read that Yuen Kwei was the AD, i realized why it looked the way it did. This had some of the same wire based moves that Wu Dang had in it's trailer. YK isn't giving anyone any KF. He's an action, wire guy. Nothing difficult, intricate or long takes. Simple, cute and wirey.

I have to agree I really thought that the Rza would've went Old School since he loves all the Classic SB movies! There is too much Wire-Fu/ Fantasy in it.

ShaOW!linDude

Well.....it certainly looks like it'll have some cool f/x......but I'm not really seeing any cool fu. Think I'll be waiting for it to hit a movie channel and saving my $.

sifu iron perm

why would the rza make something like that? there must be something with his signature or connection to his love to the genre.

I believe the finish product will feature some good shit.

OpiumKungFuCracker

I hope this thing turns out successful so that Batista gets more work and starts on his own action vehicle...

OpiumKungFuCracker

Some jerk-off on AICN talkback claims that he saw the movie and this is what he had to say:

itchypanda wrote,

it sucked. Dave Bautista randomly generates steel skin, RZA is very wooden as the lead (he also directs?!?), Russell Crowe gives it his best shot to give it some charisma and Lucy Liu is embodying virtually the same character as Kill Bill Vol. 1 as the Concubine/Viper Leader. Rick Yune was fairly decent as the avenging son of the Lion Clan vs. the opposing Wolf Clan. Overall, it was terrible and I love movies like "The Flying Guillotine" and "The 5 Vipers". Btw, Eli Roth was scanning the crowd for the after-screening reaction. He didn't seem happy. Hopefully, they re-shoot it.

Hey itchypanda, first of all if you were expecting something similar to Shaw Bros classics then clearly you went into this movie with the wrong expectation... Any time you have a first time director doing his favorite genre film, you give him the benefit of the doubt go with low expectation, and I mean low.. So low you'd rather watch a Channing Tatum stripper film... gay??

Drunken Monk

Yeah, anyone that claims to love "Five Venoms" and calls it "Five Vipers" loses quite a bit of reliability in my book.

However, the Lucy Liu and "wooden" Rza comments ring true for me, also, and that's just form seeing the trailer, so he could be right.