The Man With the Iron Fists (2012) The RZA

AlbertV

blue_skies
I got faith in the project. Rza is just like us a kung fu fanatic. That fanatic finally got the dream to make a kung fu flick. I mean who knows kung fu flicks better than the fans. He's got a decent cast and Cory Yuen as the fight choreographer.

So is Bey Logan...

Drunken Monk

I'm under the impression that this film will divide fans. Me, personally? It has everything I need: hip hop beats with ODB rapping over them, nostalgic references to the Shaw Brothers films of yesteryear, campy characters and Corey Yuen's action (I loved the choreography in "Shaolin").

It may disappoint when the final product is released but, good lord, this sounds like the fourteen year old version of me's wet dream. Actually, it sounds like the thirty year old version of me's wet dream too, come to think about it.

I know thats right Drunken Monk I'm pretty pumped about it myself. Gonna be awesome. N Bey Logan had his chance bro and failed. So now it is time for Rza to have a go at it.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Bey Logan did a martial arts movie before??? Why wasn't I aware of this and where can I track down a copy???

blue_skies
I know thats right Drunken Monk I'm pretty pumped about it myself. Gonna be awesome. N Bey Logan had his chance bro and failed. So now it is time for Rza to have a go at it.

That's my point Bey Logan failed and he's a huge fan of the genre, so it's not a given that RZA is going to succeed. I hope this rocks but to me it feels like it's not going to kick ass. Doesn't anyone else think it's strange that there is no teaser trailers ? yet they have already had a screening for critics.:neutral:

something tells me that there is little to get excited about as I'm sure they would be trying to build a buzz if they had action worth shouting about.

QueMuchita

^^ That wasn't a movie, that was training if we're talking about the same thing. RZA has actually been training (movie making wise) for this movie for a few years now.

I am sure the film will come up to my high expectations! I hope RZA´s score will sound like the one he made for GHOSTDOG....

Maybe they are keeping it so under wraps as to build hype. I'm hyped up now. Soon as a trailer drops and I get a taste of the action.

Drunken Monk
^^ That wasn't a movie, that was training if we're talking about the same thing. RZA has actually been training (movie making wise) for this movie for a few years now.

I think he might have meant this...

seJaWTEJvLI

Kung Foolery

So yeah, I'm pretty excited for this. How could you not be?

It's either really gonna suck, or it's gonna rule. It won't be just "ok" or "so-so".

I'm a little nervous.

It is bro and look at the number twenty two thousand ppl have checked this thread already. With no trailer no screenshots or nothing. Just a screening that was shown within the last week. When this movie drops ppl wont even remember The Raid. You will ask someone about it in October and they will reply "The wha? No but I've seen The Man with the Iron Fists three times movie is awesome!" Totally made all that up just now and do not trully believe that because The Raid had some nice choreography. Just sayin.

blue_skies
It is bro and look at the number twenty two thousand ppl have checked this thread already. With no trailer no screenshots or nothing. Just a screening that was shown within the last week. When this movie drops ppl wont even remember The Raid. You will ask someone about it in October and they will reply "The wha? No but I've seen The Man with the Iron Fists three times movie is awesome!" Totally made all that up just now and do not trully believe that because The Raid had some nice choreography. Just sayin.

I was about to say "are you tripping?" Then changed it to "are you high?" Then I noticed your name, which answered my question LOL!:tongue: Come on dude be realistic the likelihood of this comparing to The Raid from what other people have been saying is going to be between slim and none. Come October the only people remembering this and not The Raid will be those who never saw The Raid or those who wouldn't call themselves martial arts fans (i.e. the mainstream public). I would love to be wrong because then I have two great movies to look forward to. Honestly though can anyone see a Hollywood martial arts movie being that good? I think some people's love for RZA and his music is helping them see through rose tinted glasses.:squigglemouth:

The reason this thread has had 22,000 viewings ( not people) is down to the sheer length of the thread, what is it about 16 pages now? Most long-running threads are going to get high viewings as the same people read and or respond to the new posts. And remember this thread has been running for something like three or four years.

QueMuchita

That trailer was made because RZA needed something to show movie producers otherwise he wouldn't be able to get financed.

Drunken Monk
That trailer was made because RZA needed something to show movie producers otherwise he wouldn't be able to get financed.

Really? That's shocking because that faux-trailer is absolutely horrible.

Blue Skies you remind me of a cool dude. A true fan of the genre. You remind me of... well me. I agree with ya on so many aspects. Gotta have high hopes for this american kung fu flick. I mean Forbidden Kingdom wasn't that bad was it. Well hmm maybe. N yeah I get that are you high. Specially in person I was just sharin my kung fu knowledge with some co-workers just the other day about how Bruce Lee was karate crazy and how his grandfather was an invincible chinese ninja. I told the story just as I normally talk (cuz I'm a great actor). I couldn't help it though I had to bust up laughin and explain to them I was tellin them about this really cheesy kung fu what would u call it fakeudrama. Fist of Fear touch of Death. Ya see the co-workers are normal people not genre fans at all ahh nevermind one of those ya had to be there moments.

QueMuchita
Really? That's shocking because that faux-trailer is absolutely horrible.

ahahah I knew somebody would say that, but thats what I remember reading when that trailer came out.

loempiavreter
So is Bey Logan...

As far as I can see he has directed 1 title, that's still under wraps called Snowblade (which sounds interesting!).

Guest Yi-Long
So is Bey Logan...

I don't think Bey Logan is like me at all.

He doesn't mind that much when movies get cut up for a supposedly 'western' or 'international' audience.

I do.

He's certainly the much bigger geek than I am, and incredibly more knowledgeable about the HK industry knowing pretty much everything you would need to know about who, what, where...

... but I wish he would stick to doing what he does great, namely writing books and doing documentaries and interviews and commentaries.

As far as acting and scripts and casting go, I think he's shown that's not where his strengths are.

sifu iron perm

the trailer or incomplete clips of the film has surfaced. The RZA is pissed about it..all the youtube clips etc have been taken down.

ive managed to find an alternative..

http://www.putlocker.com/file/BC838E9D58AD8C62

delete this post if necessary brother mods!!

btw..very kill bill-ish..damn..i was expecting a quiet kung fu fest.

Drunken Monk

Jesus, this looks like it could be any second rate production coming out of Hong Kong these days.

The visuals are nice and it looks action packed, but the horrible CGI, seemingly incredible amount of wires and horrible tagline ("They put the F U in Kung Fu") makes me feel horribly disappointed, all of a sudden.

I was hoping Rza could capture the magic of old school kung fu cinema and while there are nods to the classic weapons and maybe some set design, this looks as Hollywood as it can get.

What really surprised me is the distinct lack of kung fu action in the trailer. Lots of weapon work but very few physical exchanges. How odd.

I will say this, however, while I'm still looking forward to this, I'm looking forward to it as a film and not a kung fu film.

odioustrident

I guess all aspects of the film need to be stylized in order to sell it as a theatrical release. The weapons look pretty fucking cool though.

sifu iron perm
Jesus, this looks like it could be any second rate production coming out of Hong Kong these days.

The visuals are nice and it looks action packed, but the horrible CGI, seemingly incredible amount of wires and horrible tagline ("They put the F U in Kung Fu") makes me feel horribly disappointed, all of a sudden.

I was hoping Rza could capture the magic of old school kung fu cinema and while there are nods to the classic weapons and maybe some set design, this looks as Hollywood as it can get.

What really surprised me is the distinct lack of kung fu action in the trailer. Lots of weapon work but very few physical exchanges. How odd.

I will say this, however, while I'm still looking forward to this, I'm looking forward to it as a film and not a kung fu film.

i agree with everything..im just hoping this has the vintage play in the real movie and the trailer was a teaser for the general folks!!!!

but who knows???

Did you see the tarrintino influence in this?