The Man With the Iron Fists (2012) The RZA

AlbertV

the cast looks impressive and with that budget i imagine it will end up looking good if this is the film RZA has been preparing his whole life for, will watch it either way to see if it turns out the way he hopes plus Dave Bautista in another film is great, he was robbed of screen time in Wrong side of town, charisma through the roof :) and Gordon liu too now, thats great, he's the man ;) the question is, will it be popular enough to get a worldwide cinematic release or straight to DVD in the smaller countries? (i live in NZ, legend of chen zhen got a small run here as well as the ong bak films so hoping for more MA movies to get the same)

Morgoth Bauglir

Dave Bautista I've not seen in a movie before, but his character sounds cool. Gordon Liu is of course great to have in the cast. I'm also looking forward to seeing Terrence Yin who is a great actor, and Andrew Lin who played a great villain in the shit movie Blacksheep Affair. And Russel Crowe, damn, how did RZA get Russel Crowe to be in this?! He's the mystery man here. I'm sure everyone is wondering what kind of a role will he have, and how big will his role be.

the cast looks impressive and with that budget i imagine it will end up looking good if this is the film RZA has been preparing his whole life for, will watch it either way to see if it turns out the way he hopes plus Dave Bautista in another film is great, he was robbed of screen time in Wrong side of town, charisma through the roof :)

I agree. Plus, he looks to be really quick with his hands. He had a short but sweet unarmed fight scene in WSOT against Marrese Crump (who is the RZA's double and I believe has a role in this film too), who used a knife against him.

Back on topic: LEGENDARY ASSASSIN's Celina Jade (aka Roy Horan's daughter) has joined the cast. Here she is with the RZA

rza+celina+jade.jpg

The RZA with Andrew Lin

andrew+lin+rza+iron+fist.jpg

ehh. andrew lin, thought we had seen the last of him..quite mad cast rza has got together.

LOL...Oh Andrew's still been around...he recently was behind the camera as the special effects make up artist for Hong Kong slasher film DREAM HOME. He also appeared as twin brothers in TRIPLE TAP, with Daniel Wu.

I wonder what role he will have in MWTIF.

loempiavreter
LOL...Oh Andrew's still been around...he recently was behind the camera as the special effects make up artist for Hong Kong slasher film DREAM HOME. He also appeared as twin brothers in TRIPLE TAP, with Daniel Wu.

I wonder what role he will have in MWTIF.

Loving the names so far hehe :P Hope their names fit their looks (I'm hoping for some "To Kill A Mastermind"-like costumes).

Gemini Male (Andrew Lin)

Gemini Female (Grace Huang)

Brass Body (Dave Batista)

Bronze Lion (Cung Le)

Silver Lion (Byron Mann)

Gold Lion (Kuan Tai Chen)

Copper Lion (Yoyao Hsueh)

Hyena Chief (Ka-Yan Leung)

Blue Hyena (Brian Yang)

Rodent Chief (Darren E. Scott)

sifu iron perm

The Man with the Iron Fists Synopsis:

The action-adventure is inspired by kung-fu classics as interpreted by his longtime collaborators RZA and Eli Roth. The Man with the Iron Fists tells the epic story of warriors, assassins and a lone outsider hero in nineteenth-century China who must unite to destroy the clan traitor who would destroy them all. Since his arrival in China’s Jungle Village, the town’s blacksmith (RZA) has been forced by radical tribal factions to create elaborate tools of destruction. When the clans’ brewing war boils over, the stranger channels an ancient energy to transform himself into a human weapon. As he fights alongside iconic heroes and against soulless villains, one man must harness this power to become savior of his adopted people. Blending astonishing martial-arts sequences from some of the masters of this world with the signature vision he brings as the leader of the Wu-Tang Clan and as one of hip-hop’s most dominant figures of the past two decades, RZA joins Roth to embark upon their most ambitious, stylized and thrilling project to date.

http://www.upcoming-movies.com/Articles/rza-s-the-man-with-the-iron-fists-starring-russell-crowe-gets-updated-synopsis/

sifu iron perm

jessicamerlos Jessica Merlos

@russellcrowe My grandmother (or Lady Katherine as you may remember) asks: any word on the release date of The Man with the Iron Fists?

russellcrowe Russell Crowe

@jessicamerlos Heard it was screened for Universal execs today, heard they were digging it,laughter,fist pumps...Bobby Diggs is the man

j

russellcrowe Russell Crowe

@jessicamerlos Heard it was screened for Universal execs today, heard they were digging it,laughter,fist pumps...Bobby Diggs is the man

Raise your hand if you think Russell Crowe's agent lied to his client?:tongue:

Come on studio executives "Digging it, laughter, fist pumps":neutral:

ShaOW!linDude

You're missing the point, b_s.

Jessica's grandmother, the Lady Katherine, is a kung fu cinema fan!!!!!! :tongue:(Or a Russell Crowe fan, at the least.)

You're missing the point, b_s.

Jessica's grandmother, the Lady Katherine, is a kung fu cinema fan!!!!!! :tongue:(Or a Russell Crowe fan, at the least.)

my bad:tongue:

OpiumKungFuCracker

Create your own The Man movie title....

The Man with a bad case of acne

The Man who shot the Lieutenant

The Man with one golden ball

The Man from the grave and beyond........

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=84643

Cut from 4 hours into 90 minutes... I'm smelling a bootleg directors cut like Ninja The Final Duel.

the first cut is only getting all the footage in the story together and you can bet anything you like that that Is worse than watching paint dry! You can bet now when the movie sucks he'll blame it on the studio for cutting it. Anyway sounds like RZA was willing to rip off everyone by turning it into two movies from the attributed quotes.:squigglemouth: