The Man With the Iron Fists (2012) The RZA

AlbertV

I wish I had RZA's money for a project like this. He's a real fan and has been studying kung fu under Shi Yan Ming for a while now but his movies all seem half-baked.

I wish I had RZA's money for a project like this. He's a real fan and has been studying kung fu under Shi Yan Ming for a while now but his movies all seem half-baked.

Me too. I'd use his money to get the Stunt people going on a bigger budget. Truth is he isn't using his own money. I'd bet any KFC forums member would use their money to fund a MA film if they had the funds RZA has . clearly he's all talk. Imagine Stunt People with his money... RZA should feel ashamed. He could fund so much more without affecting his lifestyle. RZA should be ashamed ! If I had his money I'd produce what I love. RZA is all talk.

So this movie is going to release this year 2011???

It's possible...it is currently shooting right now in China. But you know how distribution goes, so we'll have to wait and see to get an official response.

what movies?

:tongue:

OK, you got me, I guess he never finished Wu-Tang vs. The Golden Phoenix.

Too bad, it looked like it was filmed on a flip camera.

So is Byron Mann, who played Ryu in Van Damme's Street Fighter. Christopher Doyle is doing the camerawork as the cinematographer and Corey Yuen is the film's action director.

I understand bringing a proper kung fu film to a mainstream audience requires Hollywood pulling power but I can't help expecting more form the Rza. I thought he may have drafted in some old school legends or even new school talent to really thicken out the martial arts action. Ok, so the name Corey Yuen has been synonymous with classic martial arts cinema but it's also synonymous with "Dead or Alive."

Am I being overly pessimistic?

sifu iron perm
I understand bringing a proper kung fu film to a mainstream audience requires Hollywood pulling power but I can't help expecting more form the Rza. I thought he may have drafted in some old school legends or even new school talent to really thicken out the martial arts action. Ok, so the name Corey Yuen has been synonymous with classic martial arts cinema but it's also synonymous with "Dead or Alive."

Am I being overly pessimistic?

i was expecting some big budget robert tai type of flick.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Tien Peng in his latter roles as a sword swashbuckler often was in fights where his every first or second blow were lethal to most lesser men. Of course the caliber of ones martial art must be of high standing.....take the example of modern day cage matches ....most of the times these supposed martial artists end up on the floor hugging themselves silly.....we don't see this too often in the kung fu movies.....but then we need a good fight to make the movies interesting.....legend says that a modern Tai Chi Master and a Ba Qua Master fought.... going around each other........ for three days before the Ba Qua Master had a slight advantage and proved the point....... The one inch punch is not mastered by many people....of any martial art.....Lets see if the WuTang man can prove his point.....he may well do it.....after all they gave us a nice assortment of kung fu movies on VHS...... did they not.....?

:tinysmile_angry2_t:

GD Y_Y

sifu iron perm
I'm sick of hearing about it just release the damn movie already Rza.

it's still in production..i bet only few scenes have been completed.

a summer release maybe?

Christopher Doyle is doing the camerawork as the cinematographer and Corey Yuen is the film's action director.

well that's some promising news at least!

OpiumKungFuCracker

Is this going to be like an old skool shapes type or punch and block??? I don't know what type of martial arts Rza knows but I'm hoping he bring back that old skool shit... I wouldn't mind him going the ong bak style too...

sifu iron perm
Is this going to be like an old skool shapes type or punch and block??? I don't know what type of martial arts Rza knows but I'm hoping he bring back that old skool shit... I wouldn't mind him going the ong bak style too...

Im thinking of Kill Bill..when she visits pai mei..that's what im tinking of.

I'm guessing it will be a hybrid of styles...especially with Dave Batista playing a character reminiscent of the Toad from FIVE VENOMS. According to IMDB (i'm taking this with grain of salt until confirmed), his character is "Brass Body".

More casting news official, according to Grace Huang's blog

Grace Huang

Terence Yin

Andrew Lin

MC Jin

Darren Scott

Celina Jade

Andrew Ng

Marrese Crump

Telly Liu

YaYao Hsueh are all cast in the film

Here's a pic with cast members Telly Liu, Darren Scott, Dave Batista, Cung Le, Grace Huang, Marrese Crump and YoYao Hsueh.

61673_201101171258111.thumb.jpg

Grace with Corey Yuen

61673_201101171301241.thumb.jpg

Morgoth Bauglir

While I wish there were more martial artists involved, I'm still really excited by the cast of this movie. Hopefully a trailer surfaces soon, so that people can undoubtedly rip the shit out of it:tongue: