SWORD OF SWORDS-->Funimation

bobo

just thought i would mention that amazon has SWORD OF SWORDS listed for Jan./ 4th /2011 and LADY HERMIT for Feb./ 15th /2011. no other details as yet---also no mention of SUPREME SWORDSMAN.:angel:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, about the only reason I upgrade from IVL is if the IVL was one of the early non-anamorphics, or had extremely atrocious sound/music tampering (I'm talking about you, Chinese Boxer and Deadly Duo :tinysmile_angry2_t: )

Guest Markgway
You don't care about it being at the proper running speed?

That alone isn't enough when the IVL of SWORDS is 16:9 and mono already... and the Funimation will still be frame cut.

It's not cool for any distributor at this stage to not be putting out DVD and BD releases on the same date. I'm not buying a DVD only to fork out again in six months or whatever.

Morgoth Bauglir

I've never seen the movie, so I'm really excited. Same with Lady Hermit. Not putting out Bluray doesn't bother me. It'll be many years from now before I get Blu Ray. I may never get it.

I don't have a blu ray player either, maybe if I did I would be more into the latest releases, but after snatching up all the IVL's Dvd and vcd's, I'm not anxious to spend any more money on films I already own.

Guest Markgway

I know what you mean...

I'm a bit exhausted with the re-releases of films that are already available.

Apart from Black Magic 2 and Hong Kong Godfather there's never anything new.

What about all the rares?

It's true that some of the IVLs do/did need upgrades but I just can't get excited about another edition of Sword of Swords when the original was pretty OK the first time.

We're four years into the Blu so DVD only at this stage isn't good enough.

I know DVD is still the majority share but there's no reason why the option isn't available...

Guest WuxiaFan
I don't have a blu ray player either, maybe if I did I would be more into the latest releases, but after snatching up all the IVL's Dvd and vcd's, I'm not anxious to spend any more money on films I already own.

Completely agree, Iron Boat. My only exception would be to get the classic dub and hopefully some special features that wouldn't be on the IVL discs. I've done that with the previous DD Shaw re-releases. :angel:

Morgoth Bauglir

One movie I'm really looking forward to replacing with the Funimation version because of proper running speed is Bastard Swordsman. This is one of the few times I've seen where the PAL speedup is very noticable. Everybody seems to be talking way too fast, especially during the first 30 minutes or so.

Morgoth Bauglir

All the IVL and Deltamac's are NTSC, but they come from a PAL master, which is why the US releases from companies like Media Blasters and Funimation have longer running times because of proper NTSC transfer. I'm not an expert on this though. Probably better for someone like Chen Lung to explain exactly how this works.

You don't care about it being at the proper running speed?

Not reason enough to fork out money because own IVL already.And because do not care about dubs either only reason for double-dipping are if extras are VERY good.

Exception was of course Deadly Duo, audio in IVL was pretty horrible.

Sword of swords is so great movie if they put this out on blue ray then it`s update time.

I have watched IVL about 8 times:bigsmile:

I think only those titles remastered in HD by Celestial will be released on blu ray.

Unfortunately Sword Of Swords is not one of those. Looking through my Celestial catalog, I see many titles that should not have been remastered in HD.

Here are the HD titles which will probably not interest us on blu ray:

Doubles Cause Troubles - Maggie Cheung fluff

The Happiest Moment - lame Michael Hui comedy

Prince Charming - slapstick Kenny Bee comedy

Behind The Yellow Line - weak movie despite starring Anita Mui, Leslie Cheung, Maggie C

Lifeline - Lau Chin-wan movie about fire fighters

Love In A Fallen City - slow Chow Yun-fat drama

Sons Of Good Earth - early Betty Loh Ti war film

Women - Chow Yun-fat drama

Loving You - Lau Chin-wan action drama

The 5 Stephen Chow comedies: Justice My Foot ; Look Out Officer ; Love On Delivery ;

Out Of The Dark ; The Mad Monk.

These HD titles are in the clearance bins here. The prices of these DVDs have been slashed to US$2.50 but there is still no market.

Killer Meteor
One thing I forgot to ask: Is this DVD proper NTSC or is it a PAL conversion job?

Proper NTSC

Archived