Death Note 1 & 2

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Just recently watched both the live action "Death Note" films. I really enjoyed both films, maybe liked part 2 a little more than 1. Have not seen any of the Death Note anime series. May have to after enjoying the films.

**SPOILER**

How close do the films follow the Anime series? And I think I read that L's death was different in the movies than the anime. Anybody elaborate on that for me?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest KevinClo

Those movies were very enjoyable. I saw the first movie, then tried reading the manga it was based on. I haven't seen the anime, but have heard it is really close to the manga.

There were two arcs to the original manga. The first takes place in around the year 2003. The second one jumps to the year 2009 and concludes the story.

What they show in the movies is primarily what you get with the first arc. The problem is, that because of this, they had to change some things in order to complete the story. I'll say it this way, evil temporarily triumped in the first arc of the manga in a way that did not happen in the 2nd movie. They had to find a way to resolve the story without having to keep making more movies so they came up with what you saw. The fate of the two main characters is pretty much the same in the manga and movies.

Complete spoilers here:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dea...ot_Outline

KC

Archived