Modern WTF Moments (contains spoilers)

HyperDrive

In light of Inframan's post in the WTF moments thread in the classic forum, I'd thought I make a similar thread for modern flicks.

Moon Warriors: Andy Lau tag teams with Shamu.

L.A. Streetfighters: A gangbanger plays a giant bamboo flute while his gang terroizes a liquor store.

Angel of Vengeance: All of a sudden, it becomes a high flying wuxia.

The Story of the Gun: A really bizarre Gordon Liu bathtub scene.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgoth Bauglir

Oh man, the bathtub scene. My stomach twisted around pretty bad. I don’t know how I didn’t puke.

Heroic Trio- end fight with the skeleton

Slaughter in Xian- anal death scene

Killer’s Nocturne- kangaroo fight

Dr Wai- rematch between Billy Chow and Jet Li. They could have put at least a little effort into this fight.

Not a martial arts film, but the prolonged first shot of Pang Ho-cheung's EXODUS is just about as WTF as WTF gets, very deliberately so.

The "everyone gets raped" scene in NAKED WEAPON has, in my experience, proven to be a big WTF to people not familiar with how Wong Jing tends to roll. (For those familiar with the man's work, the WTF is in how much time the film takes to get to it.)

Anthony Wong's periodic Italian outbursts in BIG BULLET.

Stephen Chow randomly poking at a kid's penis in KING OF COMEDY.

Aaron Kwok's missing arm growing back for no discernible reason in Golden Harvest's "International Version" cut of THE STORMRIDERS.

The vast, deranged majority of Kevin Chu Yen-ping's filmography. The remarkable FANTASY MISSION FORCE is mentioned above and it may be the perfect example of what I like about Chu's films. Watching one of his movies is like watching kids playing with a bunch of unrelated toys pulled from the toy box, trying to tie them all into a single narrative no matter how bizarre or nonsensical the end result might be.

Jet Li in a chicken suit.

SAVIOUR OF THE SOUL II.

The ending of SPL when Sammo pushed Donnie off the building, that came out of nowhere and offered absolutely nothing to the resolution of the film.

Stephen Chow having a spit fight with Kenny Bee and then spits his spit into Kenny's mouth, then Kenny swallows it - gross

Stephen Chow in Alone in the Dark when he once again spits in another guy's mouth.

Stephen Chow in All for the Winner when he goes on a date with a mole under Sandra Ng's armpit.

Stephen Chow swallows a condom in Fight Back To School

Ng Man-Tat ultraman moment in Love On Delivery

Anthony Wong in Ebola Syndrome, one of my all time favorite and truly disgusting film

sifu iron perm

the lead member of the biker gang in wheels on meals..He looked wrong in many ways.

Benny the Jets make up in dragons forever!

The ending of SPL when Sammo pushed Donnie off the building, that came out of nowhere and offered absolutely nothing to the resolution of the film.

Stephen Chow having a spit fight with Kenny Bee and then spits his spit into Kenny's mouth, then Kenny swallows it - gross

Stephen Chow in Alone in the Dark when he once again spits in another guy's mouth.

Stephen Chow in All for the Winner when he goes on a date with a mole under Sandra Ng's armpit.

Anthony Wong in Ebola Syndrome, one of my all time favorite and truly disgusting film

Dude!... spoilers!

:neutral:

sifu iron perm

Ebola was just sick and crazy , and enjoyable! Alot was over the top but degrading to the eye.

I put this above dr lam & bunman.

Morgoth Bauglir
Dude!... spoilers!

:neutral:

Correct, that is what the title of the thread says :wink:

HK Godfather and Flash Point- kid being thrown through window.

Sword Stained with Royal Blood- Wu Ma gouging out his own eyes.

Ninja Terminator- talking plastic robot (I think this scene is actually supposed to be scary), killing a crab with a ninja star, Garfield phone, Phillip Ko intentionally blowing himself up, and much, much more.

bolo's wig in 36 deadly styles...

mysterry of chess boxing when ghost face gets his arms stretched out like dhalsim

island of fire....

royal tramp movies smh.................

the ending of 60 second assassin

azumi... the guy in white was just had me like wtf

story of ricky basically the whole movie haha but not in a bad way

lmao was it fong sai yuk 1 or 2 where the guy pokes a chicken making it land paralyzed doing the splts?

ShaOW!linDude

What version of SPL do I have? Sammo never shoves Yen off the top of a building. What version is that?

(That post was a WTF for me. And I don't mean that condescendingly. I mean......for real.)

ShaOW!linDude

That means I'm probably missing out on more stuff in it. Sux to be me. Ah well.

My addition to this list would be:

Better Luck Tomorrow ---- The opening scene in the backyard when the two teenage guys are sitting there with shovels and a cell phone begins ringing and the camera pans over to an area of ground. That movie hooks you then and there.

Project A ---- The dual take of JC's tower fall. How could he have done the 2nd one after the 1st is beyond me. He should have been dead or at the least paralyzed.

Ong Bak ------ That whole movie........in a good way.

Dawn of the Dead ----- The new one with the birth of the zombie baby(way over the top). Actually, just pick any zombie movie. They're full of these moments. I love them.

Righting Wrongs/Above the Law ----- Yuen Biao in a bad wig obviously doubling Cynthia Rothrock for one stunt in her opening fight scene.

Morgoth Bauglir

Nah, I don't think you are missing out on too much else. I don't remember there being any other differences, though it was awhile ago when I saw the mainland version. What you are missing out on is the Dragon Dynasty release where they call it Killzone. Packed full of great special features. You could rate the movie a perfect 10, and then after you watch all the commentaries and special features you will think even more highly of it.

another spoiler: make sure when you buy killzone, it comes with a nice slipcover

Butterfly and Sword when Tony Leung final sword move has him go through Tsui Kam Kong's body

Stephen Chow cameo in Gorgeous

The Magic Crane when the bad guy becomes supreme martial artist because he eats the kung fu manuscript (literally swallowing paper)

Miss Hong Kong award moment at the end of the Mad Monk.

Billy Chow's charecter... matter of fact jackie cheung's to in meltdown.... was just hilarious to me and when jackie cheung asked his dad to suck poison out of his ass was priceless

duel when homie turns into a snow ball smh

gordon liu in cheetah on fire where he's having sex while having a bullet taken out of his back was all kinds of wtf

kungfusamurai

Eric Tsang playing a woman, and that tall thin female actress playing a man (you can see them chasing each other starting at 1:44) in this otherwise entertaining kung fu flick starring Frankie Chan.

RBmokQAHjWw

KFS

Eric Tsang playing a woman, and that tall thin female actress playing a man (you can see them chasing each other starting at 1:44) in this otherwise entertaining kung fu flick starring Frankie Chan.

RBmokQAHjWw

KFS

That woman playing the man, Wanda Jessica Yung Tak-Wai, is married to one of KFC's favorites, Collin Chou. She is a model/actress.

Morgoth Bauglir

oyyy, Eric Tsang’s character ruined that movie for me. It should have been so much better. The villain Lau Tak is one seriously badass mofo. And I had no idea the tall man is played by a woman! Almost as discturbing is Albert’s info that she is Colin Chou’s wife!

ShaOW!linDude

NNNYYYAAAHHHH!!!

Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree with Morgoth's last statement there. But I'll be honest and admit I've never seen the entire movie. That clip was my first introduction. Please don't think I'm dissing the whole movie but based on that......I don't think it's for me.

Archived