Shaolin Revenger?

dtix

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a film titled "Deadly Shaolin Revenger" which is an alt title for "Iron Swallow."

But it's definitely not that movie in the clip you posted.

That's certainly Ti Lung and Wong Ching in the first YT clip. The second clip shows Tan Tao Liang, so I'm thinking this is "The Revenger" directed by one of my faves, Pao Hsueh Lieh. Typical revenge plot line I've been told but don't have it in my collection.

Morgoth Bauglir

Great fight at the start of the movie, pretty average fighting from there on. Story is also average. Ti Lung fanatics will want it in their collection, but it won't appeal to many others.

There are some unintentional funny moments like Ti Lung saying "I want my fathers bones" over and over, and the ridiculous glowing skull in the ming dynasty plexiglas container. Shih Szu seems like the only one who gives 100%, everyone else seems like they're too tired.

Pao is also one of my favorite directors, but mostly for the work he did at Shaws. When he went to Taiwan, I guess he didn't have the same budget and it really is like night and day.

Decent flick. A lot of what ruined it for me is the fullscreen version i have. You miss a lot of the action. Sets and costumes were Shaw style. The first time i saw this , I thought it was a Shaw

Cheap sets, bad overacting, English dubbing so bad its funny, I can only hope Ti Lung was paid well for these types of independent films. I just dislike some reviewer compared it to Avenging Eagle, very misleading.

too funny, i just posted in the 'does it get any worse than lethal panther 2' thread, started thinking of some of the worst films i have ever seen, when the revenger came to mind, and here it is in another thread being praised by some!

no accounting for taste i guess, just yesterday i read Master Hwang Jang Li movies are cheesy (gasp!!!)

ah haa haa ha! ( big villianous kung fu laugh)

Archived