Enter The Dragon Editing

sdog2006

Things I noticed in Enter the Dragon that you may not have.

• Williams vs. Parsons: After ducking a spinning kick, Parson's follows up with a karate attack combination (the camera is located behind Parsons). When that scene cuts (camera behind Williams) the exact same combination of punches is thrown by Parsons (perhaps a different take) and this time Williams takes him to ground. This was a clever piece of editing to make the choreography look longer and more impressive. It's also obvious because Williams was running out of room to manouvre, when we see the attack the first time.

• Lee vs. Ohara. The second spinning kick that Lee hits Ohara with is just the first spinning kick from a different camera angle. You can tell this from Wu Ngan in the background, plus Lee comes in from the right when he has been manouvering to his left. He came is from the right before the first spinning kick. Hope that makes sense lol.

• Mirror Scene: When Bruce breaks the mirrors you see the reflection of a newspaper, which was situated there to catch the glass. Either that or Han had been reading the Hong Kong Post.

• Directly following Bruce jumping through a window he delivers a turning kick to a guard, after sending the radio distress signal, The stuntman clearly lands on a mattress.

Watching it just now - HOW GOOD A FILM?????

Here is a trailer I made a few years ago!

XCYWca3U0Fs

• Like 1

???

:neutral:

LOL

Sorry mate what do you need? I was watching ETD, made a couple of observations on the movie and upped a trailer I made that's had 18,000 views. Thought someone may have been interested but then again....

I tried to change the title of the post because it isn't too acurate but I couldn't for some reason.

I think you'll find that there are at least another three instances of repeated action during the 'big battle'- in tight closeup and medium shot. One is John Saxon, punching and backfisting a couple of goons, two is Bruce kicking and throwing a guy (tight but not complete) and another version of it in medium shot. Finally a black suited guy does a jump kick which is repeated.

• Like 1

I think you'll find that there are at least another three instances of repeated action during the 'big battle'- in tight closeup and medium shot. One is John Saxon, punching and backfisting a couple of goons, two is Bruce kicking and throwing a guy (tight but not complete) and another version of it in medium shot. Finally a black suited guy does a jump kick which is repeated.

Yeah mate those ones are ultra obvious. The one I mentioned, I thought, was less so.

The black suited one is actually shocking. I think that gets shown three times.

Cognoscente
On 9/10/2010 at 10:39 AM, sdog2006 said:

Things I noticed in Enter the Dragon that you may not have.

• Williams vs. Parsons: After ducking a spinning kick, Parson's follows up with a karate attack combination (the camera is located behind Parsons). When that scene cuts (camera behind Williams) the exact same combination of punches is thrown by Parsons (perhaps a different take) and this time Williams takes him to ground. This was a clever piece of editing to make the choreography look longer and more impressive. It's also obvious because Williams was running out of room to manoeuvre, when we see the attack the first time.

• Lee vs. Ohara. The second spinning kick that Lee hits Ohara with is just the first spinning kick from a different camera angle. You can tell this from Wu Ngan in the background, plus Lee comes in from the right when he has been manoeuvring to his left. He came is from the right before the first spinning kick.

On 9/11/2010 at 11:57 AM, shukocarl said:

Maybe that's where Jackie and Van Damme got the idea of repeating their actions.

• Like 2

Cognoscente

Peter Cheung Yiu-Chung was one of the editors for this movie. Andre Morgan mentioned in a YouTube interview that when Golden Harvest saw the first cut of ETD, they didn't like how the fights were edited so Peter had to re-edit them with Bruce's personal supervision.

The below article is one of very few instances in a HK magazine where an editor gets to be more than an unsung hero. Speaking of unsung heroes, Poon Hung is never mentioned. His contributions to martial arts cinema is second to only Peter. He was mainly Seasonal's editor, and was instrumental in how the fights in their American movies flowed.

https://hkmdb.com/db/people/view.mhtml?id=6441&display_set=eng

123431304_1639691559551820_1730373903046844201_n.jpg

• Like 2