IVL Blood Brothers?

Iron Boat

For those with the IVL of Blood Brothers, on the English dub, which I've had forever.... VHS, there is a scene early in the film when DC is first brought into court. This is probably my favorite disrespectful line in all Shaw Films but someone yells "Kneel down dog" and forces DC down. Is that same line carried over in the original mandarin and subtitles?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol that line cracks me up also, mostly due to how fast the voice actor says it..

But I have the IVL version also and in subs he says "On your Knees, Down"...a very less comedic approach:xd:

lol that line cracks me up also, mostly due to how fast the voice actor says it..

But I have the IVL version also and in subs he says "On your Knees, Down"...a very less comedic approach:xd:

Dang, so once again this is an example of why the English dubs are sometimes the better translation. That line Kneel Down Dog immediately raises the tension in the courtroom.

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Whether dubs or subs are better than one another or not, THE TRANSLATIONS. Got That! ;) For those of us who don't mind reading while watching a film.

Archived