Twinkle Twinkle Lucky Stars Longer Version

David Rees

While looking at the French releases of Jackie Chan films i came across the French dvd of Twinkle and it says as a bonus it has the longer Taiwanese version with longer fight scenes than any other version. I have never heard of a longer version of this film does anyone have any details of whats extra?....heres some links

TWINKLE TWINKLE LUCKY STARS EBAY

TWINKLE TWINKLE LUCKY STARS INFO 1

TWINKLE TWINKLE LUCKY STARS INFO 2

• Like 1

The real problem is it's only the Mandarin dub. No Cantonese dub. You loose the great voices like Eric Tsang and Richard Ng.

• Like 2

That's because the longer version was only released in Taiwan, and the additional scenes originally dubbed in Mandarin.

Edited by DiP
  • Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Cognoscente

Here are pages from the August '85 issue (#188) of Cinemart. It's surreal to see Sammo with the same hairstyle that he had in Heart of Dragon despite how obvious his wig in TTLS was. There was an episode of a Japanese talk show which showed production footage of Police Story, Heart of Dragon and Those Merry Souls (i.e. the reason why Biao didn't have time to act in Heart of Dragon).

Back to Cinemart, the three brothers were involved in a celebrity soccer game of sorts.

august 85 188.jpg

ttls.jpg

fb.jpg

• Like 2