New member making a film

Guest hollywoodcity

Guest hollywoodcity

Hello folks,

Thought is was time I dropped in and registered. I've been using the site often for research. I'm an indie filmmaker about to make a feature length martial arts movie. Actually it's an "epic fantasy martial arts love story." If get the funding I need I'l be shooting in China or Hong Kong late 2011. In the mean time I'm collecting some of the old film I grew up on, going to the theaters on 42nd street in NYC back in the day. In the interim I'm trying to make a short film to show to investors.

The film lists you guys have created are absolutely outstanding! I applaud your diligence and commitment to keeping kung fu cinema alive! At some point I may even ask for advice. I want to make sure the true kung fu cinema fans are happy with the film I plan to make.

Great site. Great people!

btw my film is kinda like the Ballad of Mulan meets Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

Peace!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sounds good mate,I'll be keeping a ear out for updates with your film project,it sounds interesting.

I too am a indie film maker,i make short films instead of feature length,altho i might make a feauture oneday,Im in the process of making a new Martial arts short aswell,my style is like Shaw Brothers/Iron Monkey,lol,how to explain it...i use old school close ups like shaw and fight scene angles like in monkey

Archived