Ghidorah The Three Headed Monster DVD Review

Guest gfanikf

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tosh

I've been thinking of making a Godzilla appreciation thread, my first Asian movie love, any pics of this? It's one of my favorites.

gmovie5.jpg

Guest Daisho2004

I grew up on Godzilla movies, and I still love them today, I got my 4yr. old into them also, I was very disappointed with the last movie "Godzilla Final Wars" you woulda thought that after all these years they would've made it more with CGI but they still prefer Men in costumes. And that is the biggest disappointment for me.

Guest gfanikf
all these years they would've made it more with CGI but they still prefer Men in costumes. And that is the biggest disappointment for me.

But then it won't be Godzilla.

Guest sevenhooks

Perhaps this is just me, but I'm of the opinion that there's already far too much CGI in the movie world today.

Does Godzilla really need to go there too?

Then again, let them do what they want.

I'm more than happy sitting at home watching Godzilla vs. Megalon or Terror of Mechagodzilla (complete with the ULTRA RARE 5 minute intro footage off of TV back in the day) with the guys in big rubber suits.

For all but about 75-80 minutes, I'm a kid again.

:P

Guest Tosh
I was very disappointed with the last movie "Godzilla Final Wars" you woulda thought that after all these years they would've made it more with CGI but they still prefer Men in costumes.

It wasn't even the men in (Godzilla)suits that ruined it for me, to bad they focused all the attention away from Godzilla-monsters, the whole alien vs human plot was boring, and their fight scenes were atrotious, I mean I know this was done in the originals, but Godzilla was the main character, not a bunch of j-pop stars and some burly white dude with a mustache that make Wilford Brimley blind. Next time hopefully they put Godzilla in the forefront, put the humans in the backround were they belong.

Guest gfanikf
some burly white dude with a mustache that make Wilford Brimley blind.

Don't go knocking the awesomeness of Don Frye!

Guest Dion Brother

I found the last decade of Godzilla movies to be dull and sterile. Oddly, found FINAL WARS to be the most entertaining movie since TERROR OF MECHAGODZILLA. It's the Godzilla movie I wanted when I was 8 years old. Unfortunately, it was made when i was 32!

Guest Stuntman Jules

The thing that pissed me off about FINAL WARS is that they hired @#%$ hack Kitamura instead of Shusuke Kaneko and the film that resulted looks like some kind of music video.

GMK is the only good Millenium series entry. In fact, I'd even go out on a limb and say it's the best Godzilla sequel...period!

Guest Dion Brother

GMK is a pretentious, overrated snoozer. He just remade one of his Gamera movies with Toho monsters, with dull CGI FX. When the most exciting battle is between Godzilla and Barugon, the movie has a problem. I like his Gamera trilogy, but GMK was not the step up that it should have been.

Guest Stuntman Jules

It's not as good as GAMERA 3, but I'd say I like it better than G1 and G2.

We're all entitled to our opinions.

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

I thought godzilla looked the coolest in GMK out of all the new sequals. With the white eyes (demonic). Also when he kills the dog headed monster (his first kill in the film) the director gave it the destructive power (godzilla's fire breath) of an in intenses explosion. Really well done. From there on though I'm not so interested in the film. The director paid too much interest in Godzilla's invincibility and shamelessy squandered King Ghidorah.

I also thought the three Gamera films by said director were (for the most part) very well done.

Guest pressureworld
all these years they would've made it more with CGI but they still prefer Men in costumes. And that is the biggest disappointment for me.

please, please, please not a CGI Godzilla

Archived