Warriors two with original english dub

brookman3325

The HKL and Fortune star English dub are identical, both sound as if they were made by some college students. I do not

sure if there is an original English dub, but perhaps someone could enlighten us. The Cantonese tracks on both of those

versions mentioned are also identical however the HKL version comes with a commentary by bey logan. Only other track

i am sure exists is a French track, but i do not know what exactly release so i cannot provide the name of the distributor.

• Like 1

There is an original English dub, but like many films of this era the Chinese version of the film is different to the English export version in length, so the English dub would not match up. Rather than have 2 discs, they just did a new dub to match the Chinese version.

• Like 2

The new dub is the pits. Even has a Sam Hui song playing during the tea house scene.

I loved the old Mandarin echo studio tracks of the 70s Golden Harvest movies. Joy Sales gets a thumbs up from me for using those on the discs.

• Like 1

Just a general question on the soundtracks for this film. Can someone give me a breakdown of any additions to the original version? Here is what I've found on different options:

warriorstwo1.jpg

Mainland version - Mandarin soundtrack only?

warriorstwo3.jpg

Deltamac - Original Cantonese & Mandarin?

warriorstwo2.jpg

FOX - remastered Fortune Star print with 3 Cantonese tracks... one claims to be the original dolby 2.0 track - legit?

warriorstwo4.jpg

HKL - remastered Fortune Star print, but soundtrack seems to be redone with additional fight sound effects (i.e. strikes against Lee Hoi-Sang's iron body and enhanced punches from Leung Kar-Yan?).

What I'm looking for is the best possible print with the original Cantonese track. I've also heard that the initial scene in the restaurant shouldn't have that strange version of "Don't Be Cruel." What was there originally? Thanks!

• Like 1

what?They changed the dubbing on this also?

Are you referring to the HKL version? I was referring to the Cantonese track on that, haven't watched it with the dub yet.

sifu iron perm
Are you referring to the HKL version? I was referring to the Cantonese track on that, haven't watched it with the dub yet.

yup, the HKL eng dub..its different to the orig vhs release?

There is a custom dvd made by a member on here (not sure if I should say his name). It's the Fox dvd print and includes the original Golden Harvest english dub and reverts back to the cantonese dub quite often due to the fact that much footage was cut out of the old english dub version (export version). The english dub isn't great quality and has a very slight buzz sound in the background, but it's obviously hard to find so this was all that was available to him.

Tigerstyles, are you sure your custom version is made with the HKL print?

Pan Media/Bonzai Media stole the English dub track from this custom dvd and used it on their bootleg, so I heard.

• Like 1

The only legal remastered DVD with Cantonese mono is the French DVD - it is their own restoration based on a print from Media Asia. No English subtitles however.

Deltamac released Fortune Star's non-digitally remastered version (PAL>NTSC) with genuine Cantonese/Mandarin mono and English subtitles.

Despite the sound issues (and possible pinking?), HKL's DVD still is the best one compared to Fox, because of the re-translated subtitles and extras. The advertised "mono" on the Fox DVD is a downmix (the video may also be interlaced too).

The HKL and Fox DVDs have the newer STAR TV dub (and video). As people have said, the export dub is shorter compared to the HK version. I think you could seamlessly branch it, though.

PanMedia released the dub years ago (don't know the source) - a custom edition sourced from it, which in turn was bootlegged (I think).

You would probably have to produce, or obtain a custom edition, as each release contains good and bad.

• Like 2

Hey guys. When comparing my MIHK tape to the Deltamac, the VHS remastered subs are far superior.

Looks like the HKL subs were bullshit in comparison by some searches I've done (don't own the DVD).

Did the HKL reuse the Fox subs?

• Like 2

hi guys i have a copy of Warriors Two Custom made which has the original cantonese Original English and mandarin Audio with english subtitles that can be switched on and off please note because the original english dubbed Warriors Two [Original English & Cantonese] 002.jpgthat was released was cut so there was never a uncut version with the full english dialogue so occasionally it will switch from english to cantonese but hardly noticible this is the best copy you will ever find 

• Like 6

i have many custom made dvds with mluti audio version and subs please let me know Dragons claws English, Cantonese mandarin

36 Deadly styles English, Mandarin,

Drunken Master Original English, Cantonese, Mandarin, 

etc all excellent print

• Like 2

The original English dub that was on the best of the martial art films, is the one to get not the one on that US bootleg dvd it does sound the same but is not the one from best of the martial art films. My friend had an VHS of the movie that was time coded and did have the original english dub on it. Once he digs it out or can find it I'll be doing an custom with that.

• Like 3

I wish more releases did composite English dubs like on the German Eyecather Movies DVD of EASTERN CONDORS. For the most part that uses the original English dub but there's a few moments where it uses the newer dub to fill in the gaps.

• Like 3

Just added some of my sets that have the original English dubs on. Only added in battle creek brawl because it go with the set of jackies.

20180910_155604.jpg

Edited by Kato
  • Like 2

Would love to get my hands on the original english dub for this movie! I'd try and patch the missing bits with the new english dub instead of cantonese.

Could someone hook me up with the custom dvd? Or even better, just the english audio track since I already own the Fox disc?

Thanks!

• Like 2

A former kung fu fandom member by the name of Bentley did the Warriors Two custom. He used the fox version and added the original dub along with the unaltered Cantonese track.

• Like 4

sifu iron perm

i actually purchased this custom but unfortunately the disc is worn out, the film skips and pauses. irritating. 

• Like 1