Firecracker (1981)

bearpower

I saw this movie when I was in high school call Firecracker do anybody hear of this movie

staring Jillian Kesner as femme fatale martial arts expert teaches the mafia a lesson.

Also call Naked Fist

• Administrator

Yep, it is crap. 100% totally entertaining B-movie crap! :xd: I loved it. :bigsmile:

I've been searching for my VHS copy of this but can't seem to locate it. I wanted to transfer it to DVD-R. I hope it wasn't one of my tapes that was ruined by flooding. But I lost hundreds, so I can't remember for sure.

Morgoth Bauglir

From an IMDB review- “the fight scene where her dress gets ripped off of her body and then a sickle gets swung at her cutting off her bra leaving her wearing only her panties.”

I gotta see this:bigsmile:

Sadly, the star of the film, Jillian Kesner, died in 2007 of a staph infection. She was diagnosed with leukemia as well.

Last movie I saw her in was Operation Cobra with Don "The Dragon" Wilson in 1997, which was her last film.

Hi All!

I'm new to the forum so hello to everybody!

I've been trying to remember the name of a martial arts movie that I've been trying to track down. The plot revolves around a female investigator/martial artist, who infiltrates an underground fighting contest to investigate/avenge the death of her sister.

I'm a but sketchy on the details. I remember it being a bit of a sexploitation movie (in one scene where the star was attacked by many bad guys, all her clothes somehow became detached!). However I also remember the fight action being pretty convincing.

The only other detail I can remember is that in the final fight scene the star kills the main bad guy (who killed her sister) using two sticks which she rams into his eyes.

I would be really grateful if any of you could help me to identify the movie, and if anyone has a clip of the final fight scene that would be even better.

Many thanks,

Mark.

I think you're referring to Firecracker, starring Jillian Kesner and Darby Hinton. I remember the stick through the eyes scene and Kesner did fight quite a lot with clothes coming off and all.

and Welcome to the Forums :)

That is the one! Spot on! Thanks very much for the information. You are obviously someone who knows their kung fu movies!

Cheers,

Mark.

Another 1st time watch. I watched Firecracker this morning on Tubi. The late Jillian Kesner plays a martial artist who goes to the Philippines to investigate her sister's disappearance and goes undercover to stop the organization responsible. Kesner finds herself in one fight after another, even fighing topless in one scene. Learned for additional scenes, No Retreat No Surrender and Drifter TKD star Ron Pohnel choreographed the fights and came upon the realization that 1994's Angelfist, also directed by Cirio H. Santiago, was a combination of Bloodfist and Firecracker. Some of the death scenes are quite graphic in this film as well. 

• Like 4

On 8/28/2022 at 6:17 PM, AlbertV said:

Another 1st time watch. I watched Firecracker this morning on Tubi. The late Jillian Kesner plays a martial artist who goes to the Philippines to investigate her sister's disappearance and goes undercover to stop the organization responsible. Kesner finds herself in one fight after another, even fighing topless in one scene. Learned for additional scenes, No Retreat No Surrender and Drifter TKD star Ron Pohnel choreographed the fights and came upon the realization that 1994's Angelfist, also directed by Cirio H. Santiago, was a combination of Bloodfist and Firecracker. Some of the death scenes are quite graphic in this film as well. 

It is a great grindhouse flick. The pitty is the Shoot DVD is cut at least in two graphic scenes. Lucky i have a old VHSrip of the german uncut tape. Hope one day a BluRay comes out.

• Like 3