Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End

Guest Daisho2004

Guest Daisho2004

OK I just came back from seeing this movie today and in all honestly I think it was the worst of the trilogy yes it had some very good Action scenes, but it left a few unanswered questions about Captain Jack Sparrow and what happened after he was swallowed by the Kracken in "Dead Man's Chest" in this one he is marooned on a desert losing his mind and it just didn't explain anything about it. All you know is that he is in Davey Jones Locker. Again it couldve been so much better but it seems like they just rushed to finish this movie, and without spoiling the End of the movie, it just sucks! It just didn't have that chemistry that the 1st. (2) movies had.

BTW Keith Richards from the "ROLLING STONES" is in this movie, I won't spoil who he is, but he was good and he only had a small part.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Wow! Daisho, I have to disagree here mate. I thought it was a well done film and actually better in some respects than Dead Man's Chest. There was more character development in the third flick and though there are some stupid moments near the end of the film they are very brief. He was in a sort of limbo after being eaten by the Kraken, not marooned, but in a mild type of hell (Davey Jone's locker). Also the second flick is definitely the weak link in the series IMO.

This flick is a must see for fans of the other two flicks and for any pirate lovers.

I thought the third film paid complete homage to the whole pirate legendry.

I thought the third film in the series was great and Captain Teague did a decent job I agree. :smokin

Chow Yun Fat is the only reason I'll see this. don't know when though.

Oh he was great in it. I didn't even know he was in it. It was a great surprise. He's one of the chief pirates. The first two thirds of the movie have very little to complain about, but the ending, though there are cool elements to it, could've been better.

Guest Daisho2004

vengeance, I know he was trapped in a Hell like prison it was just kinda stupid, I just expected something more like he was trapped in the bottom of the ocean, and not in a limbo type of desert. It just left to many unanswered question I felt and I loved the other ones, don't get me wrong it was OK but far from the best in the trilogy. I thought there would've been more to the story with Captain Teague and Jack Sparrow and there wasn't. As far character development yeah there was but it just seemed to slow down compared to the 1st. (2) movies.

I thought there would've been more to the story with Captain Teague and Jack Sparrow and there wasn't.

Oh ya, brother I was hopin big time for something like that as well. You have to take what you can get from the completely sold out Disney Corporation.

Believe me I wish it was WAAAAYYY! sicker (all three films) but reality dictates another (necessitous) acceptance of main stream corporate media america.

Die in hell and like it. It's the american way.

Guest teako170

Haven't seen it yet but plan to. Big fan of the two previous films.

The two screenwriters of the trilogy (and other films) run a screenwriting site called WordPlay. Back in the late 90s I was a frequent poster on their BB and had some excellent conversations with these two writers. Its nice to see (once obscure writers with a website) make it to the big leagues.

Guest Daisho2004

vengeance, you know what I forgot to tell you, it was a real shame that you have "Chow Yun Fat" in this movie and he doesn't even get a fight scene how Horrible was that. Being one of HK's biggest Action stars and being a Big star also in the states here, that it was just to much to believe that they didn't feel fit to give him an action scene, whats up with that!

I agree Daisho, though there was some short fight scenes with him using a sword. I'm gonna go see the film pretty soon just to get a clearer perspective.

No Daisho, I watched the 11:30 am matinee, on Fri. 5/25/07

And he does do some (very little) fighting in the film. You musta been takin a leak or something when it happened. :D

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Saw it yesterday and thought it was great fun. A little slow in the middle, but the last 45 min was a blast! Overall it felt darker than the first 2 films. I liked it better than part two as well.

it was a real shame that you have "Chow Yun Fat" in this movie and he doesn't even get a fight scene how Horrible was that

Chow Yun Fat cant fight anyway. Great in the bullet ballet action films, no real fight skills. Its not like it was Jet Li, then I woulda felt that way.

Daisho, Cow Yun Fat fights at the beginning of the film when the british first invade his secret lair and later when he attempts to usurp the Black Pearl.

Guest Stuntman Jules

It was decent fun. Nothing too mind boggling, but highly entertaining. DEAD MAN'S CHEST is actually my favorite of the PIRATES films.

The scene where Calypso is released highly reminded me of the Lilith/Rei merging scene in the anime film END OF EVANGELION, did anybody else get that?

Stuntman, never saw that flick, but that scene did remind me of Ray Harryhausen (I always screw up this guys name), Jason And The Argonauts, etc.

Guest ironfistedmonk2003

That Calypso scene reminded me more of Dude Where's my Car where the hot alien chicks with huge breasts are unveiled lol

I thought At Worlds End was entertaining but the story didn't leave me feeling the threads of the plot had been totally tied up. Bringing Barbosa back from the dead (wont say by who) wasn't fully explored and neither was calypso. There was also too much screen time for Bloom and Knightley and not enough Jack Sparrow. The action scenes were pretty well shot.

I thought it was better than the second film but lacked the charm of the first one

I just heard on NPR news today that, China's government apparently did not like how the chinese pirate lord (Chow Yun Fat) was depicted, with his balding head all scarred and what not. So they insisted on cropping his scenes from the theatrical release in China. Didn't all the pirates look beat up, scarred, and a bit unkempt?

Anyone in China know of this?

Archived