Monk’s Fight (1979)

mpm74

The review on HKMDB says it's excellent (if we're talking about the 1979 one with Casanova Wong). Looks to be hard to find though... I can't locate anyone that has it.

i watch this movie one year ago,it´was relly good movie,i remeber that falkor post last year screen shot from the rarescope print,and the quallitti was awsome,but this was never realeases.

Jamal

Yang Wu Liang

Yep, PollyPolly's custom sub is the way to go, unless you can find the unreleased scope version with burnt in subs! Good film though well worth tracking down.

It looks like HKFlix is going to be carrying a wide version of Monk's Fight with embedded subs. It's from PanMedia though - maybe it's the same print as the unreleased Rarescope version?

It looks like HKFlix is going to be carrying a wide version of Monk's Fight with embedded subs. It's from PanMedia though - maybe it's the same print as the unreleased Rarescope version?

Possibly, or maybe they're just ripping off pollypolly's fansub - the thieving basterds.

Possibly, or maybe they're just ripping off pollypolly's fansub - the thieving basterds.

Did the fansub already have embedded Chinese subs?

On 9/19/2010 at 2:09 PM, One Armed Boxer said:

Maybe the reason why hkflix has stopped selling the rip-off Panmedia bootleg is that now the best place to get this movie appears to be......right here! -

http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12157

How are things looking 12 years later? Where can a physical copy be acquired and what's the best DVD release of this gem? 

• Like 1

Many years ago I got 2 versions, one from Jamal, one from Toby Russell.

These screenshots are from the best version, I'd have to check which version it is.

Monk's Fight 1 (2).png

Monk's Fight WS 1.png

Monk's Fight WS 2.png

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

On 11/11/2022 at 2:49 PM, bigrogie said:

Many years ago I got 2 versions, one from Jamal, one from Toby Russell.

These screenshots are from the best version, I'd have to check which version it is.

Monk's Fight 1 (2).png

Monk's Fight WS 1.png

Monk's Fight WS 2.png

Wow, looks even better than the version I've watched. Wish I had seen this post before sending you my latest wishlist. 

Guess this means I can give up hunting a proper physical release, but I know what's gonna be the first title on my next order from you. Buddha bless @bigrogie, thanks!

• Like 1