Deadly Outlaw: Rekka

Morgoth Bauglir

Morgoth Bauglir

I couldn’t find any threads on this movie. That can’t be right. This movie really needs its own thread. Actually I think it should have its own forum and website. There’s endless topics that could me brought up about it.

What did you think of this movie? Did you fully understand it? How many times have you seen it? What’s your take on what happens at the end?

This is one of my favorite movies of all time. Legend of a Fighter, Killer Constable, Jaws, Requiem for a Dream, Manos, Terminator 2, The Crow, Snatch… I put it right alongside any one of my favorite movies.

I’ve seen this at least 50 times over the last 5 years, hell maybe even 80, and I think I understand about 95% of it. After the first viewing I understood maybe 30%. But after watching it over and over I understand what a masterpiece it is. It tries to be different, and succeeds. Duh.

What are your favorite moments/scenes? I could list well over 100 but I don’t think that would make the thread very fun, so I’ll try to keep my list to around 10.

-opening scene with the gang boss. This guy must have gotten his masters degree in choking people and invincibility.

-Kunisada beating the shit out of 5 guys at the same time, while wearing flip flops.

-the smile on Kunisada’s face when the pervert gang boss realizes he’s in the same room with Kunisada

-vending machine scene

-saran wrap on the hair scene

-Kunisada showing his hatred for beetles

-“Use that and many will die. Understand? ... Hey! Here’s the instructions”

-Kunisada killing about 5 people in 2 seconds. "Jackpot"

-Mr Su walking down the street with his naked friend

-“rock and roll”

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYZTHwpu3vxTHlI3mme7tK0M2KXUBLklT2wkKKF6Iu78w1UlM&t=1&usg=__-L9MFOmJBEihjM_YhRqNP7xumOQ=joe_yamanaka.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgoth Bauglir

Let me know what you think daisho.

Here’s the opening scene. Don't expect every scene to be like this. But if you are looking for a comedic, energetic, badass yakuza movie driven by a rock and roll soundtrack that has similarities to Black Sabbath, then you will want to see this immediately.

4sO7DulwSLU

Morgoth: I have to be honest I thought it was good, but it could've been much better, I didn't like how it ended, it didn't show you what happened between the Kunisada & the Hit-man, only him running towards him and then it shows them all beaten up in 2 different places. I want to see what was going on. Overall it was a good Yakuza movie and I him as an actor he is good with a mean menace about him.

Morgoth Bauglir

Glad you liked it. I agree the last action scene doesn't have a fully satisfying ending. We know what happens. Kunisada comes at him with the pipe and somehow gets to the hitman before he gets shot. What happens after that is left to the imagination. I think they were both laying on the ground beaten up, and they had so much respect for eachother that they decided to let eachother live. I would have liked to seen what happened too. Another theory I have is that Miike the director wanted to break the rules of filmmaking on purpose. Kunisada should have died since the hitman had such a powerful gun, but because his character is so awesome Miike decided to let him live.

Archived