UNCUT RUN AND KILL and EBOLA SYNDROME dvds?!

Guest Ministry88

Guest Ministry88

Wow, I guess this is what I get for being so out of the loop in horrordom for so long! Anyways, I was bouncing around on the net and came across news that some company called Discotek will be releasing a new remastered DVD of EBOLA SYNDROME with deleted scenes? From my brief research on message boards, I couldn't tell if this deleted footage was the seemingly lost sex and gore footage that was missing from every previous release and, most importantly, if this footage would be branched into the rest of the film.

Also, I found some postings (some dated in '05?!?) that there was a French DVD of RUN AND KILL that was completely uncut, but in French only? I also heard that there was an upcoming German DVD with the same uncut transfer that featured English subs.

I'm sure I'm not the only one salivating over this news, as I'd long given up on seeing these films completely uncut.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Running Man

Yeah, I'm wondering about what the print for Diskotek's DVD of Ebola Syndrome is gonna have. Will it have the uncut version of the DVD plus extra deleted footage or is it the same cut as before with the delted stuff as an extra?

Whatever the case it's gonna be a great DVD. Video is from a new hi def source, the subtitles have been totally redone from the ground up, and all the extras have been done for that DVD specifically including interviews with Herman Yau and commentary with him and Anthony Wong.

It is set for release at the end of July and I can't wait.

I really hope that DVD is a success so that will push Discotek to move further and unearth other HK films and give them high quality DVD releases. :)

Archived