Recommendations

spawn

I'm a huge fan of martial art films, but probably have only seen a small percentage of what is out there. The problem is as you will all know, is that there are some bloody awful films out there and it's trudging through these to get to the goods is what i'm having a problem with.

I'll let you know what type of films i'm into and then please recommend anything you might think i will like. First off, i'm not really into sword play, though appreciate there are some amazing films out there. I prefer limited wire work and special effects, though i have to admit i do like some films that have both these in.

I tend to like films with Jet Li, Sammo Hung, Lau Kar Wing, Yuen Baio, Jacki Chan in them, again i'm open to lots of other actors. My favourite films are Prodigal Son, Way of The Dragon, Enter tthe Dragon, Fists of Fury, The Big Boss, Odd Couple, Knockabout, Magnificient Butcher, The Legend, Fist of Legend, Once upon a time in china, First Strike, Rush Hour. I could go on, but i don't want to bore you.

So basically i'm asking what are the must have movies?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched True Legend, thouht this was ok and probably one of the better films i've seen of late. Though i did feel that the film went on too long, what was the last half an hour about?

What other good Sammo hung films are there? Has he been in any recent ones? I know he was in ip man 2, but anything he has starred in?

Sammo, Jackie, and Yuen Biao are awesome in My Lucky Stars, Twinkle Twinkle Lucky Stars, and Dragons Forever. Wheels on Meals has a classic fight at the end between Jackie Chan and Benny the Jet, though the movie has a lot of comedy to wade through.

Archived