Scott Adkins/Jean Claude Van Damme in "Weapon"

Drunken Monk

Drunken Monk

Via Twitch Film...

Oh, yes please.

The Scott Adkins Fanz website has confirmed that the Undisputed 2 and 3 star has just signed on board Jean Claude Van Damme star vehicle Weapon, which is slated to start shooting in Romania in early September. According to the IMDB, Vinnie Jones also stars. Cube Zero helmer Ernie Barbarash directs.

The film is backed by Sony Pictures Home Entertainment so it's going to go straight to video but fight fans in the know have long known that Adkins is one of the truly great screen fighters in the world today and his pairing with JCVD can do nothing but help his profile. And as Adkins has proven amply with the Undisputed pictures, being DTV is no deterrent to quality...

http://twitchfilm.net/news/2010/08/scott-adkins-to-star-with-jean-claude-van-damme-in-weapon.php

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great news. I think the Shepherd was good, but could have been better. Maybe this time it would be even better than the Shepherd.

The problem with The Shepherd was not Isaac Florentine's fault. The problem lied within the producers who edited the final cut and apparently, from what I heard, Florentine was not happy. I agree, it had its moments, and Adkins did do the movie because both of his work with Florentine and the fact that JCVD was actually one of his idols on-screen and was an influence for his learning martial arts.

I'm interested in this. The premise while nothing new sounds fun..it could also lead to some great action scenes. I hope it's filmed and shot correctly.

i cant wait for this, and as i understand , Damme and Adkins both play Assasins on the same Team... should be killer.... team up reminds me of Dolph and Brandon lee, in Showdown in little tokyo ..

Van Damme usually tries hard so this should be worth a look.

Looks like he'll never escape DTV-dom though.

That wouldn't be the case if he just excepted Sly's offer.

• Administrator

I'd love it if JCVD IS in the sequel and they have a scene where he imitates Sly to be a smartass. His impersonation of Sly is hillariously spot on!

I'd love it if JCVD IS in the sequel and they have a scene where he imitates Sly to be a smartass. His impersonation of Sly is hillariously spot on!

I love that clip. I never found Jean Claude intentionally funny until then. That "boom, boom, boom" stuff gets me everytime. Hopefully he has a change of heart though. Expendables isn't complete without him.

ShaOW!linDude

DUDES!!!!

PEEP THIS!!!!!

http://twitchfilm.com/news/2011/03/scott-adkins-vs-jean-claude-van-damme-get-behind-the-scenes-of-weapon.php

AND THIS!!!!!

http://twitchfilm.com/news/2011/05/scott-adkins-kills-van-dammes-son-in-weapon.php

(At the end of the second link there's a clip for an Adkins showreel. I couldn't get a link for it and I have ?'s about some of the clips in it.)

ShaOW!linDude

Found it.

eFkO84QKmpE

Can anyone tell me what movies these clips at these mark times might be from?

0:42 - 0:45

1:15 - 1:17

1:28 - 1:29

1:57 - 2:00

2:05 - 2:06

2:14 - 2:16

I think the 1:28 - 29 and 1:57 - 2:00 marks are from THE DRAGON FROM RUSSIA but I'm not sure.

dionbrother

They previewed 10 minutes of WEAPON at Actionfest. The movie wasn't ready for screening but they sent the Fest a sample. The 10 minutes we saw was banter between VD and Scott and some brief action, no fighting. Looked fun, though.

Mike Leeder

Dragon from Russia was shot 1989/1990...Scott would have been in his early teens then

the time coded clips are from the original promo shot for 'Black Mask 2'...Scott plays the Black Mask for the action scenes in that promo, the girl he is fighting is Nikki Berwick

the behind the scenes video clips are mostly from rehearsals/training for Wolverine Origins

ShaOW!linDude

Ah. Thanks for the info, ML.

Guess I should've done the math on TDFR.

I recognized some of the training clips for W:O. Those apparently escaped me.

Sorry, Im not too up to date on JCVD news, but what was the reason for him turning down the expendables? Big Ego? It doesn't seem like he has a bunch of projects in the works...

Even though Expendables was a disappointing movie. Sly CANNOT film an action scene properly, too much "shaky camera" and quick edits and cuts. SLOW DOWN SLY, ease up and let a professional handle the action in part 2.

JCVD said he turned down the first film because he didn't want to do another mindless action role and was hoping to have a character with a lil more depth.

ShaOW!linDude
Where would he be without mindless action roles? He's certainly not known for his shakespearean-like acting.

That's what made him a star in the 1st place!?! Mindless action roles like Bloodsport and Kickboxer! Depth? HA! And exactly what has he done relevant, lately? The younger kids never even heard of him. Who does he think he is?

He should've been humbled at the offer of Expendables. Im sure it's better than the D-grade movies he been appearing in for the last 15+ years.

I think JCVD realizes the mistake he made passing on EXPENDABLES 1 and knows he'd be a fool to take a pass on the 2nd.

Sorry for totally sidetracking this topic, but I never even heard of this Adkins guy. Undisputed? The sequels to the Wesley Snipes/Vingh Rames boxing movie???

Scott Adkins is the new kid in town (so to speak) and he's phenomenal! Jump back a page and take a gander at the showreel of his I posted.

Check out Undisputed 2 & 3 (yes, the continuation of the Snipes/Rhames film but where that was primarily boxing, U 2 & 3 are all MA), Special Forces, and Ninja.

He and JCVD also square off in Van Damme's THE SHEPHERD which is worth a look as well.

blue_skies

Sorry for totally sidetracking this topic, but I never even heard of this Adkins guy.

He's Very good:xd:

Scott Adkins and Isaac Florentine are the new millennium's answer to Chow Yun-Fat and John Woo...a prolific actor-director team IMO.

daisho2004
Scott Adkins and Isaac Florentine are the new millennium's answer to Chow Yun-Fat and John Woo...a prolific actor-director team IMO.

AlbertV: That is a very big statemnet and IMO you are way off with that! Chow Yun-Fat and John Woo made some great movies together what have Scott Adkins and Isaac Florentine made that you consider great? I think the movie Ninja totally sucked big time!

AlbertV: That is a very big statemnet and IMO you are way off with that! Chow Yun-Fat and John Woo made some great movies together what have Scott Adkins and Isaac Florentine made that you consider great? I think the movie Ninja totally sucked big time!

Sure Ninja could have been better but the fights were great and filmed very well.

I consider Undisputed 2 and 3 to be great....nah....better than great. Totally awesome kick ass movies.

So given more chances to work together, a larger budget and a hands off approach from the film's producers.......I think Adkins and Florentine could become a duo that produce quality action movies on par with Woo and Yun-Fat.

ShaOW!linDude
Sure Ninja could have been better but the fights were great and filmed very well.

Agreed.

daisho's argument has always been that the film suffered from a lack of ninjas. I agree with that, too. Would've been nice to see more than 2. Could've used some training sequences, too.

I think Adkins and Florentine could become a duo that produce quality action movies on par with Woo and Yun-Fat.

Again I agree.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of Woo's and Yun-Fat's films. I mean, don't get me wrong.....they're great stories and beautiful gun ballets but......Florentine and Adkiins are bringing the funk with the MA. That's what I'm about!

daisho2004

OK I'll agree that Undisputed 2&3 were very good films but no where near on the level as a John Woo film. And don't get me wrong I like Scott Adkins but all I'm saying that is a really big statement and that one movie to me killed it! Plus both of those movies went straight to DVD, where John Woo's were HK Blockbusters! Still would like to see there next collaboration together.

Fat_Dragon

damme is most likely gonna be in Expendables 2, and also scott adkins has been signed to star in Universal soldier 4

Archived