What is your favorite Godzilla film

Guest pressureworld

Guest pressureworld

im too lazy to list them all but tell us your favorite Godzilla film

mine is Terror of Mechagodzilla this was one of the coolest films I have ever seen. What's not to love director Ishirô Honda and composer Akira Ifukube together again not to mention the super cheesy scfi screenplay, this is a winner.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest metalminx

i have two favs. i like them equally, but for completely different reasons: GOJIRA -and- VS. MEGALON!

Guest killer meteor

1. Godzilla (1954)

2. Terror Of Mechagodzilla

3. Ghidorah: The Three Headed Monster

4. Godzilla Vs Mechagodzilla (1974)

5. Ebirah, Horror Of The Deep

Ah, my first Asian love:b I'd have to go with the original, but I really like the 1968 Destroy all Monsters and Ghidorah: The Three Headed Monster, I need to get these, it's been a while since I've seen them.

Guest Stuntman Jules

Top 5:

1. GODZILLA '54

2. GODZILLA VS. MONSTER ZERO

3. GMK

4. MOTHRA VS. GODZILLA

5. GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE

I'm not sure I'd put them in the same order, but Stuntman Jules' list would be pretty close to mine.

I wish we'd get a decent DVD release of Biollante. For the most part, I much preferred the 60's Godzillas and the Millenium series to the 90's series, but Biollante was the best of that bunch, IMO.

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Godzilla 54'

Rodan (I know this isn't godzilla but, this is of the retinue, and the music is just totally evil and kick ass -there are some awesome destruction scenes when they land on the buildings which of course can't hold their weight-this scene inparticular uses the coolest of the rodan costumes, very cool scene.)

Godzilla vs Monster Zero

Terror of Mechagodzilla

Ghidorah: The Three Headed Monster (my favorite baddass of them all)

GMK (the first half of the movie is great, too bad they didn't follow through to the end with this one, this WOULD of been the very best of the Y2K sequels, godzilla looks his coolest here with no pupils in his eyes, all white, very demonic looking and the costumes of the coolest as well.)

Gamera Tai Daikaiju -aka Gamera Attack Of The Monsters (the evil knife headed monster has one of the coolest vocal dubs, very heavy, grunting and just plain of a monster, this flick is somewhat moving as well with the little girl not being believed by any of the adults as to where her brother and his american friend are)

The first two of the new Gamera films are pretty well done I must say.

And finally, King Kong Escapes, probably one of my all time fave old school monster flicks, excellent destruction, cool villian, and the music is awesome, thank you Akira Ifukube!

I'm no "Godzilla" fan

I need an exploding head smiley;)

Seriously, you should go check it out, they showed it here in Atlanta a year ago or two, go to a night show.

Archived