Jackie Chan vs Bill Wallace. HK Version

David Rees

For those who have not seen it and as the dvd is hard to come by, heres the fight between Jackie and Bill Wallace from The Protector. This is the superior Jackie edit.

xE6zFteEZo4

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just ordered this movie! lol

I think in the american version, Bill Wallace says "Come on big boy..." to Jackie Chan.

Now, both edits are available on that one Joy Sales disc, right?

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.553029/qx/details.htm

It's funny you post this.... all week, I've been thinking about this movie. Even watched DO THE RIGHT THING in celebration of ordering the movie. =D

"Turn down that radio!"

The new Fortune Star release has only the American Edit...only the original Universe and China release have the HK CUT...Both OOP .

Look on my site to see where to buy, i think i have seen it on Ebay....

I recall an interview with Bill Wallace talking about this fight. It was clear that he just didn't 'get' screen fighting at all. He commented that he was annoyed and felt awkward because the choreography allowed Jackie to keep getting through with his "Wing Chun".

Kinda odd that considering that there is no Wing Chun in the fight, and for the most part Jackie gets his arse kicked.

Does anyone remember, in the U.S. version, where Wallace says: "Come on, big boy" to Jackie Chan?

Bill Wallace used to write articles SLAMMING Jackie Chan. He made it a point to let the world know that he didn't do the motorcycle stunt in PROTECTOR. This was around the the release of RUMBLE IN THE BRONX where he was being tagged "the guy that does his own stunts"...

sifu iron perm

lol @ Roy Chiao..what film doesn't he show up in?

I must have watched a few random films a few months ago and every one of them had a Roy feature. Above the law, game of death, Indiana Jones /temple of doom, dragons forever, bloodsport..Not all in the same day but in a week. The great Roy Chao!!

btw, was this Fight in the US version?

Ive only seen it once and that was a good 20 yrs ago or so.

Chinatown Kid

The US and HK version both have the Jackie vs Bill fight but the HK version's fight is longer. The HK cut is definately the superior fight scene. I have the Universe disc.

That still doesn't make up for such a piece of crap film...

But it is a more exciting scene.

@ Markgway, and Sifu Iron Perm, you're right... Roy Chiao was a great character actor, with a voice I can only compare to James Earl Jones.

For those interested i have found out the French release has both cuts of the film including the superior HK edit in anamorphic widescreen so will be superior to the other releases...see it here.....PROTECTOR FRENCH DVD

For those who have not seen it and as the dvd is hard to come by, heres the fight between Jackie and Bill Wallace from The Protector. This is the superior Jackie edit.

Did Jackie Chan re-film some of this scene? Or was this all filmed during the same schedule and just re-edited by Jackie?

Refilmed after the director left he called Bill wallace back as far as i kno to shoot alonger fighter scene for hk audience and added some comedy to the film.

Archived