"Path Finder"

Guest Daisho2004

Guest Daisho2004

Did anyone happen to see this movie it was released in April and it Bombed so bad that its already coming out on DVD.

SYNOPSIS

IN THEATERS APRIL 13, 2007

Wearing its R rating for violence like a badge of honor, PATHFINDER bears more resemblance to a horror film than most of its historical action-film brethren. Director Marcus Nispel cut his teeth on the remake of TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE, and that experience has left a bloody thumbprint on this film. PATHFINDER shares the horror movie aesthetic, with its generous use of blood, jump moments, and shadow. Centuries before Christopher Columbus reached American shores, the Vikings carved a bloody path through the continent. When a shipwreck kills a boat full of Vikings and their Native American captives, the only survivor is a young blond child. Adopted by the People of the Dawn tribe, the boy grows up into a warrior. As an adult, the former Viking, now named Ghost (Karl Urban, THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE RETURN OF THE KING), is an important member of his tribe with only disturbing memories to tie him to the Norsemen. When another ship of Vikings destroys his village and all he knows, he vows revenge.

This remake of the Norwegian film OFELAS boasts several innovative action sequences, one involving a shield used as a sled in the snow. With his work in the Lord of the Rings films, Urban has perfected his talent at swordplay, and his prowess is evident here. His character takes on the Viking invaders almost single-handedly and stalks them, picking them off one by one. This is an action-filled film that doesn’t let dialogue get in the way of the elaborate fight scenes.

here is the link to see the preview:www.rottentomatoes.com/m/.../about.php

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Daisho2004

OK I got to watch this movie last night and it wasn't all that bad, as I thought it was going to be it had some good action scenes, it was kinda like a cross between 300 & Apocalypto it's worth a look if you like an action movie.

Guest Soda drink

Just checked it out because of this post and I do agree that it is a cross between Apocalypto and 300 but it didn't have x-factor that those two movies had.

The action was good but it was rightly ignored by the masses.

Guest Daisho2004

Soda, this movie was missed by everyone that was for sure I didn't even see it released in the Theaters and I was looking forward to it, then it went straight to DVD so that said a lot to me. But I did enjoy it never the less.

Archived