THE WALKING DEAD - TV Series

Karlos

The Walking Dead Season 3: Michael Rooker Confirms His Return as Merle

3/17/2012 4:59 PM

At Image Expo earlier this month, Robert Kirkman teased that “Merle will be seen again”. We now have official confirmation from Michael Rooker himself, that he will be returning for The Walking Dead Season 3. Kirstian Hanson is currently covering WonderCon for Daily Dead and let us know that Michael Rooker announced his return as Merle during the Lollipop Chainsaw panel.

While Rooker didn’t go into much more detail, he did mention that he lost 20 lbs for the role. For those that have read the comic, feel free to speculate as to how that may tie into the upcoming events of the show.

The Walking Dead season 3 begins shooting in May, with 16 episodes planned. We’ll update this story if any additional information on Merle is revealed during the show.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great finale. Loved how the herd formed over time. Not sure why Rick & company didn't have a plan if the farm was overrun -- couple safe houses stocked with supplies, cars always fueled up, etc. It was all very crisis management as they scattered to the wind. Lil Jimmy boy got taken down like a punk. Where was his gun? Why was the door to the RV unlocked? But I digress...

Can someone who read the comics explain Michonne to me? What I'm curious about is why the two zombies she has chained don't attack her? Does chopping off their arms and lower jaws somehow make them docile? Hard to believe. What I'm worried about is, while comics can take on a fantastical aspect and get away with it, this TV series has come away as a very realistic drama. I hope the mystique of Michonne is not too far fetched.

She actually uses the two zombies as a defence against other zombies (in the comic). One of them is her former boyfriend, and by keeping them chained and at arms length, but constantly with her, it stops her being attacked by other walkers. Maybe because their smell covers her own, like when Rick & Glen escaped from the building in Atlanta. Trust me, Michonne is very much a reality-based character, nothing mystical about her.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Michonne is one of the most disturbing yet satisfying character in the comic books... The things that she does is just mind blowing... I forgot the actress name who plays Michonne but is she british???

Her name is Danai Gurira and she's american, but from a Zimbabwean heritage.

BTW, here's actual gameplay footage from the upcoming game:

XbIvS-DiUrs

Thanks. That would make sense. Any idea why they still don't try to attack her?

She actually uses the two zombies as a defence against other zombies (in the comic). One of them is her former boyfriend, and by keeping them chained and at arms length, but constantly with her, it stops her being attacked by other walkers. Maybe because their smell covers her own, like when Rick & Glen escaped from the building in Atlanta. Trust me, Michonne is very much a reality-based character, nothing mystical about her.

ShaOW!linDude
Thanks. That would make sense. Any idea why they still don't try to attack her?

Ummm.....'cause she chopped their arms off and fed 'em to them?:tongue:

Haha. So you think eating their own kind gave them an upset tummy? :tongue: But seriously, there's been Z's with no legs, etc and they're still trying to get you, so there's got to be an explanation on why these two have lost their appetite.

Ummm.....'cause she chopped their arms off and fed 'em to them?:tongue:

ShaOW!linDude

That's very true. I don't know. It's definitely a poser and I'd imagine everyone else is picking up on that, too. Surely it'll be addressed next season. As kaleyboy stated according to the comics, if one of them is a former boyfriend, how demented is that keeping him around as a zombie?:ooh:

(Maybe they're housebroken. "Who's a good zombie? You are. Yes, you are." Kissy, kissy, kissy.:tongue:)

Well they have no arms and no lower jaw, so the best they could do is give her a nasty suck. Lol, the kinky bitch might even enjoy it!:xd:

Its funny it you ever seen George Romero's Day of the Dead the Nut job Dr. actually did train his Zombie!And it didn't try to eat him when it grabbed his hand. And when it seen him killed it got mad!

ShaOW!linDude

You mean the one with Mena Suvari, Ving Rhames, and Nick Cannon? Meh. Had its moments but I didn't really find it all that thoroughly scary.

Archived