THE WALKING DEAD - TV Series

Karlos

Spoiler Alert:

OK from what I've been reading Shane is going to die in the last episode according to sources leaked on the internet! They said that he died sooner in the comic books and that he was Killed by Ricks Son after Shane was trying to Kill him so it should be very interesting! BTW Great show indeed!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

Aw, dude! That was not cool!!!! I thought you were referring to anyone who hadn't seen this last ep.

Bah! It was my own fault. Assigning a "spoiler alert" is like reverse psychology to me. I'm gonna read it.........dadgummit!

I hope this proves to be nothing more that an internet rumor.

SPOILER ALERT:

If I remember it right (been a few years since I read them) Shane was dead by issue six of the comic, so he has lived well past his sell-by date in the TV show. Indeed, Rick's son shot him dead in the comic, but only because Shane was going to kill his dad, Rick.

OpiumKungFuCracker

When will Glenn and Maggie get it on again??? Do we have to wait until the group goes to Prison maybe season 3 perhaps???? Lately their relationship has been put to a halt in these last few episodes...

SPOILER ALERT:

If I remember it right (been a few years since I read them) Shane was dead by issue six of the comic, so he has lived well past his sell-by date in the TV show. Indeed, Rick's son shot him dead in the comic, but only because Shane was going to kill his dad, Rick.

This will be interesting if turns out to be true next season. Lori has been planting the seeds of doubt and Dale was certainly screaming it from the mountains that Shane was a time bomb waiting to go off....I would like to see the son shoot him as it makes sense with the way the characters have developed in the story on the TV series.....BTW, did anyone know that the lead actor playing "Rick" is actually British?

Laura

BTW, did anyone know that the lead actor playing "Rick" is actually British?Laura

Yes, he used to be in UK shows This Life and Teachers. Also, the guy they have lined up to play the governor next season, David Morrissey, is also British. There are lots of British actors in US TV, mostly 'cos they are capable of doing very good US accents. Sadly, the reverse is not the case. Not many US actors can pull off a decent English accent. Anyone remember Keanu Reeves in Coppola's Dracula? :xd:

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Yes, he used to be in UK shows This Life and Teachers. Also, the guy they have lined up to play the governor next season, David Morrissey, is also British. There are lots of British actors in US TV, mostly 'cos they are capable of doing very good US accents. Sadly, the reverse is not the case. Not many US actors can pull off a decent English accent. Anyone remember Keanu Reeves in Coppola's Dracula? :xd:

True. Kaleyboy and I have discussed this subject before.

IMO Keanu's performance in Coppola's DRACULA was the worst element in a very uneven film. It had some fantastic elements- Gary Oldman, the cinematography, production designs, makeup effects, and some truly terrible stuff- Keanu, Wynonna Ryder (and those monkey ears!), and Sir Anthony Hopkins absolutely chewing up the scenery in one of his worst, most hammy roles ever (remember this actor's brilliance in THE ELEPHANT MAN and SILENCE OF THE LAMBS?).

But I digress...

I was worried that this season might devolve from the departing of the show's "leader" Frank Darabont. But I feel that it's just as strong and totally engrossing this season. The episode with Rick and Shane's physical altercation was fantastic- filled with suspense.

The main reason AMC got rid of Darabont is because he wanted to do a lot of side-story episodes that didn't add anything to the plot. For instance, his idea for the first episode of season 2 was lame: remember in season 1 when Rick came to Atlanta on a horse and got attacked by a mob of zombies? He escaped into a tank that had a zombie soldier inside it. Darabont wanted episode 1 of season 2 to be a whole flashback episode showing just how that soldier got to be in the tank, and would end with Rick shooting him. WTH?!!! First season is just a few episodes long, then fans wait a whole year for season 2 to air, and they would have been rewarded with a pointless filler episode. I think Darabont is no big loss to the show IMHO.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
The main reason AMC got rid of Darabont is because he wanted to do a lot of side-story episodes that didn't add anything to the plot. For instance, his idea for the first episode of season 2 was lame: remember in season 1 when Rick came to Atlanta on a horse and got attacked by a mob of zombies? He escaped into a tank that had a zombie soldier inside it. Darabont wanted episode 1 of season 2 to be a whole flashback episode showing just how that soldier got to be in the tank, and would end with Rick shooting him. WTH?!!! First season is just a few episodes long, then fans wait a whole year for season 2 to air, and they would have been rewarded with a pointless filler episode. I think Darabont is no big loss to the show IMHO.

I didn't know that. :neutral: Very strange ideas from him. Yeah, glad they stuck with the main characters.

ShaOW!linDude

Very interesting. Thanks, kaleyboy.

I'd like to see that ep of the zombie soldier in the tank now.

I think it'd be great if they did this: Since there's a 2 month mid-season break, they could fill that time with one-off eps and flesh out (sorry, bad pun) the history of the characters and the zombie apocalypse for filler. That would more than hold me over while taking an imposed break from the main characters/storyline.

@ShaOW!linDude: Sorry Bro I did put up a Spoiler Alert! But again that is what I read on FB's Walking Dead home page! And like what was said Shane's character was already dead by now! And I agree the Fight with Shane & Rick was one of the best episodes so far!

ShaOW!linDude
@ShaOW!linDude: Sorry Bro I did put up a Spoiler Alert!

Yeah, ya did, bro. No biggie. Like I said, it's my own fault. That tag is reverse psychology for me. It may as well have read....

Read Me!!!

:tongue::tongue::tongue:

(Generally, most spoilers don't ever pertain to anything I'm remotely interested in, anyway, so I read 'em. Bad habit.)

Last episode is tonight. I wonder how they're going to top last week?

No, tonight is episode 12, the final episode is next week, episode 13.

No, tonight is episode 12, the final episode is next week, episode 13.

Oh wow.....this could get exciting......:smile:

Laura

ShaOW!linDude

Cool!

Can't watch it myself. The Mrs. is working the next 3 nights and I won't watch it without her. Have to wait until Wednesday night.

Can't watch it myself. The Mrs. is working the next 3 nights and I won't watch it without her. Have to wait until Wednesday night.

@ShaOW!linDude: I know that's gota be killing you right now! Lmao :xd:

Spoiler Alert!!! For those who didn't see last nights episode!

This is a good explanation of how People turn into the Zombies if they aren't bitten it was taken from the comic books:

for those who missed the explanations earlier in the post: first of all, the knife had nothing to do with Shane or Randall turning. In the comics, it is revealed pretty early on that everyone carries the virus dormant, waiting for death to activate it. It doesn't matter how you die, you will turn UNLESS your brain is destroyed (Dale and the two guys in the bar were shot in the head, remember). A broken neck or a stab wound would NOT kill the brain, so the person would reanimate. The characters are apparently just figuring this out (except Rick, who was told by Jenner). He probably would have shot Shane as well, if Carl didn't arrive. DALE DID NOT TURN BECAUSE DARYL SHOT HIM IN THE HEAD to PUT HIM OUT of HIS MISERY! Dead brain = no turn. Dead without brain injury = turn....Sophia was attacked by a walker and bit in the neck (like Amy - notice the wound when she walks out of the barn).....Rick did not die in the hospital (although Shane thought he did) so he did not reanimate.....

Last night was great, but I still think they should have left Shane behind in the van...but that was a cool end, especially seeing the danger coming across the farm. Next week is going to be a blast....:bigsmile:

Laura

ShaOW!linDude

Must.......not......read........spoiler........!!!!! Curse........you........daisho.......2004.......!!!!!!

ShaOW!linDude

Seriously, I didn't. But I soooooooo wanted to, dadgummit!

Me and the Mrs. are right this minute putting the kids to bed and then watching it.

ShaOW!linDude

Well, now I'm all caught up and all I can say is.............far freakin' out!!!!!!

Hoping for a zombie massacre on the final ep. It's looking good. I am so dreading for this season to end. October won't get here fast enough.

Archived