THE WALKING DEAD - TV Series

Karlos

ShaOW!linDude

Finally got to see the premiere last night in preparation for tonight's ep.

***SPOILERS***

SPOILERS from here on to the end of my post...

We were thinking the same thing. Suddenly the previously established "they can smell us" detail goes out the window? Especially as they were all super ripe in their dirty clothes under the savage summer sun. Then when the one dude accidentally sliced open his arm, I thought "Oh shit! There's not going to be any chance for him to hide when he's covered in spurting life juice." But... no? :ooh: Surprising that no one on the production brought that up. :smile: Annoying, but still didn't ruin a great horror/drama. Loved that it was a 90 minute premiere.

...remember that episode from Season 1 where Rick and Glenn covered themselves in the rotting flesh because the scent would confuse the zombies (and then it started to rain - haha)? So, how is hiding under cars a way to escape the zombies? Do they not smell human anymore??

Hmmm, I thought about that, too. Consider this: They're stranded on a stretch of highway which 1 character equates to a graveyard. As they're surrounded with the smell of death among all the scattered wreckage, I can buy the fact they weren't initially detected. The redneck guy is smart in how he goes about hiding himself and the black dude who has injured himself by using corpses for cover. So, I see what the 2 of you are saying but I think it's buyable.

What I thought was a little goofy was that they took a break at the church building rather than continuing their search for the girl. I thought they hung out there a bit too long. As soon as they determined she wasn't around, they should've moved on.

Oh, yeah, that scene with the deer was a good twist.

The dvr is all set.:xd:

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latest episode felt just like the first. Feels like flying paper. Its like they have a premise but not a real story. It drags because theres no real material there. Make it up, talk, drag, It would be a better 1/2 hour show.

ShaOW!linDude

I think it'll pick up, dude. They're laying some groundwork and it left off with a pretty good cliff-hanger.

Anybody notice that there's a half hour show on afterwards titled "The Talking Dead"? It's hosted by Chris Hardwicke, the host of Web Soup on G4. Last night it had some other comedian on there and one of the show's developers as well. It was kind of cool and had some funny bits in it.

OpiumKungFuCracker

I actually liked that show more than the show itself.. What a boring 2nd episode... Where is the zombie action man!!!!

ShaOW!linDude

Kinda, sorta. :tongue:

His actions this last ep raised an ethical/moral question between the Mrs. and I. Not too sure she liked my answer (well, more of an observation, really) or the logic behind it.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Just finish reading Vol. 3 of the graphic novel... ****SPOILER**** Once they get to that Prison Facility, there is nothing but tension and suspense, I'm curious as to how the T.V series will play out....

ShaOW!linDude
Just finish reading Vol. 3 of the graphic novel... ****SPOILER**** Once they get to that Prison Facility, there is nothing but tension and suspense, I'm curious as to how the T.V series will play out....

Never read any of the graphics. Heard nothing but good stuff about them though. How's the artwork?

odioustrident

Have the recent episodes after #2 gotten any better? I couldn't continue watching the series if they were going to continue doing filler.

OpiumKungFuCracker
Never read any of the graphics. Heard nothing but good stuff about them though. How's the artwork?

I dugg it, the artwork is in black and white and the zombie drawings are awesome.... The T.V is spot on with the look and feel of the comics...

Have the recent episodes after #2 gotten any better? I couldn't continue watching the series if they were going to continue doing filler.

Then you might want to wait until episode 5, so far nothing has happened, Sophia is still missing, Carl is alive....

Was going back and forth between Steelers game (ugh - what a downer) so missed a few things.

What did Rick request of the old timer? He said he'd give it serious thought but not sure about what.

OpiumKungFuCracker
Was going back and forth between Steelers game (ugh - what a downer) so missed a few things.

What did Rick request of the old timer? He said he'd give it serious thought but not sure about what.

Staying on the farm I think....

Thought that might have been it but I know he stated earlier ---

they didn't take in strangers and needed to move on once they found the lil girl.

Doesn't it bug anyone that the farm is nicely lit up at night? You think they'd have the first floor windows boarded up and keep the lights off - ya know, so not to attract attention to themselves. With walkers just five miles (or less) away, they sure do have a laid back, false sense of security going on.

Staying on the farm I think....

ShaOW!linDude
Thought that might have been it but I know he stated earlier ---

they didn't take in strangers and needed to move on once they found the lil girl.

Doesn't it bug anyone that the farm is nicely lit up at night? You think they'd have the first floor windows boarded up and keep the lights off - ya know, so not to attract attention to themselves. With walkers just five miles (or less) away, they sure do have a laid back, false sense of security going on.

Yeah, it was Rick wanting him to reconsider letting them possibly stay on. Which makes sense due to strength in #'s.

Yeah, the "comfort of home" sense did seem a bit out of place. What do they want to be? A Motel 6 for zombies? ("We'll leave the light on for you.......you bunch of flesh-eating ghouls!")

It also bothers me that the old man is dead set against packing heat on the farm. That's stupid. Why hasn't Rick or anyone mentioned the herd of zombies that passed through on the interstate to him? Just think if that wandered across the field one day. The effort to find Sofia seems kind of lax, too.

Originally Posted by odioustrident

Ep 3 was pretty harrowing imo. Lots of zombie killing in that one, about 20 if I recall correctly. Be patient. You have to have eps to move the story along but there's still lots of tension and close calls. I think they've really upped the gore factor, too.

OpiumKungFuCracker

The show is picking up folks, better get on board now, lol... I just finish Vol. 9 and there is no way in hell AMC is going to go the same dark path the comic books are... It gets dark and very depressing in the book...

ShaOW!linDude

Next Sunday is the mid-season finale and the show will then resume again in February.

I particularly enjoyed last night's ep titled "Secrets". I was pretty surprised at some of the things which were brought into the light. Don't know what will happen as a result of it though. Either cohesion among the group or dissolution leading to a major division.

Poor Glenn. Love that kid. Maggie is sure sending him mixed signals. I liked seeing him man up. There was no hesitation. Hope to see more of him maturing as a character. (Is it just me or does anyone else think Steve Yuen kind of favors Jet Li in facial resemblance?):tongue:

OpiumKungFuCracker
Next Sunday is the mid-season finale and the show will then resume again in February.

I particularly enjoyed last night's ep titled "Secrets". I was pretty surprised at some of the things which were brought into the light. Don't know what will happen as a result of it though. Either cohesion among the group or dissolution leading to a major division.

Poor Glenn. Love that kid. Maggie is sure sending him mixed signals. I liked seeing him man up. There was no hesitation. Hope to see more of him maturing as a character. (Is it just me or does anyone else think Steve Yuen kind of favors Jet Li in facial resemblance?):tongue:

Yeah I enjoyed this episode as well, can't wait for episode 7... I hope Dale and Shane confrontation escalates and someone gets shot... I thought that too about Glenn, like a mixture of Jet Li and Jay Chou...

ShaOW!linDude
The search-for-the-girl storyline is getting a bit old. My 2 cents.

I know. I find it hard to believe there isn't more of a concerted effort to locate her. They're always mapping a method of searching on the hood of the truck. "Well, we're doing this today.....unless something comes up; oh, and by the way, if anyone feels like checking out this area......"

I'm kind of liking them hanging out at the farm. Gives them time to rest up and sort some things out. There needs to be a better unity among them for a road trip.

ShaOW!linDude

I thought this past Sunday's mid-season finale ep ended on a good note. Great buildup of tension. They wisely resolved a major story aspect without leaving you hanging for the next 2 months but kept others in play. Can't wait for Feb. 12th.!!!!!!!!

OpiumKungFuCracker

That last half of the final midseason episode was one of the most emotional gut-wretching act that I can remember in a long time... I shed a tear looking at Carl's and Carol's reaction, it got to me... By the end of Season 2 we all know Shane is going bye bye, right???

Archived