THE WALKING DEAD - TV Series

Karlos

ShaOW!linDude

*BEWARE OF SPOILERS!* IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THE END YET, I DON'T WANT TO RUIN IT FOR ANYBODY.

You know, me and the Mrs. think it's strange that in just 60 days all networking can fail. Especially with satellite links nowadays. Plus, she also remembered that in the 2nd or 3rd ep they see a chopper flying overhead. So someone government-affiliated is still out there. So, teako170......I agree with you surmising.

Honestly, I haven't even thought about what the doc whispered to Rick. I've never read the books. Kind of want to and then again I kind of don't want to ruin the suspense. Pregnancy? Hmmm. Possible and probable though there was never any prior indication during the eps (morning sickness, abnormal food cravings, increase of appetite, emotional sensitivity).

After some mulling, I wonder if the doc didn't tell him of a possible place for the group to head to where there may be other survivors. Like a government fall-out shelter or safehouse. Or the possible source of origin for the cause of the zombies and areas to avoid.

daisho2004 ---- yeah, I just knew the zombies were going to get inside the CDC, too. Pretty bogus but I liked the end, too.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

Well, I see that the 1st season is now out on dvd. Wish I had the $ for it. Fortunately I still have it stored on the dvr. May have to watch it again soon. Still, I'd love to view the extras contained on the dvds.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

NIIIIIICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Karlos. :bigsmile:

For fans of the comic though, I have some bad news. This is from Entertainment Weekly magazine (#1164- July 22,2011): EW asked: Does that mean we might also see popular comic characters like the ruthless Govenor and katana-wielding Michonne in season 2? To which executive producer Robert Kirkman replied "The Govenor, definitely not. Michonne? You know, we'll see."

No Govenor? :ooh: Awwwww....:sad:

Shaolin Chamber 36

No Govenor???!!!!!????!!

No, uh-uh, unacceptable. Or maybe he just meant not on Season 2, what about Season 3? If he was to say, "No Govenor Ever", then we need to get a petition going for sure.

ShaOW!linDude

Wow, that is a shocker. Guess he may be suffering from burn-out. Well, if they'll still keep him involved to, I don't know, maybe tailor the plot lines or something. At least we have season 2 on the way and they should have plenty of time to figure something out. Maybe after some time away he'll be ready to tackle it again when production for season 3 starts. (Just trying to be optimistic here.:squigglemouth:)

ShaOW!linDude

Thought I'd give this a bump.

I'm gearing up for this Sunday's 2nd season premiere. I've still got last season's eps on the dvr and me and the mrs. have be watching 'em in preparation for this weekend. Can't wait. It's about time.

ShaOW!linDude

Haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Me and the Mrs. have 1 more ep from last season to view and I hope to do that tonight. I'm getting psyched up for it though. I'm trying not to read up too much on anything regarding it so as not to ruin any surprises.

2 points of interest:

1) The 2nd season premiere set a viewership record!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/168664-the-walking-dead-season-2-premiere-breaks-basic-cable-record

(Here's a link to an interview with producer Anne Hurd if you're interested.)

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=21458

2) The movie Zombieland was originally being developed as a TV series. Now there are plans to make one.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=83291

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=21479

OpiumKungFuCracker
Haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Me and the Mrs. have 1 more ep from last season to view and I hope to do that tonight. I'm getting psyched up for it though. I'm trying not to read up too much on anything regarding it so as not to ruin any surprises.

2 points of interest:

1) The 2nd season premiere set a viewership record!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/168664-the-walking-dead-season-2-premiere-breaks-basic-cable-record

(Here's a link to an interview with producer Anne Hurd if you're interested.)

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=21458

2) The movie Zombieland was originally being developed as a TV series. Now there are plans to make one.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=83291

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=21479

That is amazing!!!

So any thoughts on the first episode of season 2???

Spoilers here folks so don't read further

but remember that episode from Season 1 where Rick and Glenn covered themselves in the rotting flesh because the scent would confuse the zombies (and then it started to rain - haha)? So, how is hiding under cars a way to escape the zombies? Do they not smell human anymore??

Enjoyed the episode (despite the above). The deer scene was not what I was expecting at all. Look forward to next Sunday.

• Administrator

Wow! Great episode. The tension was tremendous during a couple of scenes. Nicotero and company are delivering some of the best zombie makeups and demises ever. :nerd:

The rest of my post will contain SPOILERS, so beware the following...

SPOILERS from here on to the end of my post...

Spoilers here folks so don't read further

but remember that episode from Season 1 where Rick and Glenn covered themselves in the rotting flesh because the scent would confuse the zombies (and then it started to rain - haha)? So, how is hiding under cars a way to escape the zombies? Do they not smell human anymore??

Enjoyed the episode (despite the above). The deer scene was not what I was expecting at all. Look forward to next Sunday.

We were thinking the same thing. Suddenly the previously established "they can smell us" detail goes out the window? Especially as they were all super ripe in their dirty clothes under the savage summer sun. Then when the one dude accidentally sliced open his arm, I thought "Oh shit! There's not going to be any chance for him to hide when he's covered in spurting life juice." But... no? :ooh: Surprising that no one on the production brought that up. :smile: Annoying, but still didn't ruin a great horror/drama. Loved that it was a 90 minute premiere.

Yeah, the answer that Rick got to his question to Jesus was a big fat "NO!" :crossedlips: Ouch. :sad:

OpiumKungFuCracker

I enjoyed it and what is the backstory on the blond and the old man?? Maybe I need to watch last season again but she made a speech about gettin her gun back...

She was ready to die in the CDC building implosion in the finale last season. (Couldn't go on after her younger sister had died some episodes earlier.) Old timer tried talking her out of it and when he couldn't, he decided he would die with her. She couldn't allow him to sacrifice himself, so they both escaped right before "ka-boom." Guessing she's not too happy about it and maybe he thinks she still has a death wish hence "no gun for you lil philly."

I enjoyed it and what is the backstory on the blond and the old man?? Maybe I need to watch last season again but she made a speech about gettin her gun back...

Thought it started out fine. Good tension. Hour 1/2 was too much time for the episode. Felt long and aimless.

Extra super sliced arm + black guy made me roll my eyes. You'd have thought he was ripped open by a chainsaw the way they did that. Way OTT.

Once the girl ran off, it lost its wheels(how do we stretch this premise out?). They did. It didn't work.

Archived