THE WALKING DEAD - TV Series

Karlos

Great show, lookinf forward to next week's already. And yet another US TV show with a british actor playing the lead, we're taking over your TV!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, let me see...

Zombie outbreak, so I'm gonna ride me a horse into one of the largest cities in America.

Ain't no walking dead people there. What was this dude thinking!?

Yeah, I'll watch next week :tongue:

Well, he was the deputy in a coma because he was dumb enough to turn his back on an uncleared vehicle to yell at another deputy...

So I bought the riding horse into Atlanta part.

ShaOW!linDude

Me and Mrs. ShaOW!linDude watched this last night finally. (Really wanted to cap off Halloween with it but it just didn't happen.)

It's one of the few TV shows I've seen advertised over the last few years that actually lived up to its hype. It was just fantastic. I was curious about which 'zombie' would be on display here: the plodding type or the running type. I'm glad they went for the Romero version. (The title is a giveaway, I guess.) Loved the ending. We're definitely down for this next Sunday. Let the freak-out continue!

LOVED it. Though I have a few reservations about a few parts (mostly nit picking)...it def met my expectations.

Coincedentally a good friend posted this on FB (he's usually good on the facts):

"Walking Dead set an AMC record and garnered 5.3 million viewers- waaay beyond numbers ever pulled for Mad Men or Breaking Bad- even bigger than the biggest turnout for HBO's True Blood."

So hopefully a longer Season 2 is picked up in short order:xd::tongue:

I agree with everyone's post here I thought it was an excellent show, original. The only thing that got me is why they left him in the Hospital. I hope they go back and explain how the Zombies came to be was it a Man-Made Virus? And his Boy making the moves on his Wife, DAMN That's Dead Wrong! Cannot wait till this Sunday's show.

ShaOW!linDude

Well, I don't know about the rest of you but last night's ep was great IMPO. Could've done with more zombie killing but I'm sure it's coming.

I like how there is a distinct feeling that there's a little picture within the big picture. The little picture is them being trapped within the building and needing a way out while the bigger picture if how the groups will meet and how Rick will react to his wife's "extra curricular activities."

I hope this show goes from strength to strength. So far, it's delivered for every type of zombie fan, as well as those who aren't really big followers of that specific sub-genre.

Shaolin Chamber 36

I also loved the episode, and can't wait to see next weeks episode. Did anyone else enter the contest at a chance to play a zombie on an episode?

Li Chin Ming's Nonsense

im suprised how good this show is. its one of the best zombie movies/shows i've seen. the quality of made for tv stuff now adays is so much better than it used to be.

Shaolin Chamber 36
im suprised how good this show is. its one of the best zombie movies/shows i've seen. the quality of made for tv stuff now adays is so much better than it used to be.

I agree with you on that. I have been a bit surprised in the extent of the violence and gore as well. Now I know why last nights episode was titled "Guts"! I never really thought of the fact that zombies have a distinct odor, lol.

I also liked the fact is that we learn different things about these Zombies and the Dead Odor was wild, never thought of that.

ShaOW!linDude

I agree. There were some other elements showing that though they're the walking dead they're not the walking stupid. They can distinguish the living and the dead by scent. There's the one zombie using the piece of cinder block to crack the glass doors. You can tell they aren't just plodding around.....well, they are but they seem to be continually searching for something/someone to eat. Just like like the one dude's wife in the first ep. She had a memory of where she had stayed before and came back to it to the freaking front door.

ShaOW!linDude

Wow. This show is only 2 eps in. They didn't waste any time. Guess they were afraid that if they didn't renew it they would be stuck with a lot of "dead" air next season.

Wait.......obviously that's what they want.

I remember watching one of George Romero's Zombie flicks and he said the Zombies remember places that were part of their lives, that's why they go to them, I think it was Dawn of the Dead (The original) So that does explain certain traits they still have. And they can solve certain problems as well.

You're right, Daisho - it was Romero's original DAWN OF THE DEAD film, with the zombies all gravitating towards to mall, as it was "a big part of their lives".

BTW, Zombie fans, if you see it on eBay, grab the 4 disc DAWN DVD set - awesome stuff!

All three versions of the film, plus some really interesting extras.

There's a blu ray set, too, but never seen one for sale.

Shaolin Chamber 36

Great News for the Walking Dead fans, the show was picked up for an additional 13 episodes for Season 2.

Great 3rd episode last night, looking forward to the next!

ShaOW!linDude

Lat night's ep was really good. Not a lot of zombie killing but next week's ep will probably hold a bit. The end of last night's ep also announced there is only 3 eps left as AMC only signed on for 6 total initially. That's a drag but at least next season will be longer. It will just be an insufferable wait for it to arrive.

Its a 3 disc set 1 x BD 2 x dvd.

Disc One (Blu Ray):

-Theatrical Cut in High Definition

-DTS HD and Stereo Audio.

-Commentary 1 with George A Romero, Tom Savini and Chris Romero.

-Commentary 2 with Richard P. Rubinstein

-Document of the Dead - the classic documentary

-Document of the Dead: The Lost Interview and Deleted Scenes

-Fan of the Dead (Location Featurette)

Disc Two (DVD):

-Director’s Cut of Dawn of the Dead

-The Dead Will Walk Documentary ( 2004 Documentary)

Disc Three (DVD):

-Argento Cut of Dawn of the Dead

-Publicity Vault containing: US and German Trailers, TV and Radio Spots, Reviews, Giallo Trailers (Macabre, Sleepless and House by the Cemetery)

-Scream Greats (Tom Savini documentary)

Still great value i think.

Thanks for that, David - I may very well have to upgrade!

According to Collider.com today, AMC will not be broadcasting the 2nd season of The Walking Dead until...October 2011!!!

:cry:

ShaOW!linDude
It will just be an insufferable wait for it to arrive.

I told you so. (I just quoted myself........can I do that?)

kungfusamurai

I won't be double dipping on the DotD set. It was a low budget film, and I think they did a good job on the transfer for that standard def ultimate version with the various cuts. I don't think it'll get any better looking.

I just discovered Walking Dead a couple of episodes ago and I'm enjoying it! It's too bad I can't get the AMC high def here. I'm hoping they'll put out the series in blu ray, with more gore!! :)

KFS

Archived