THE WALKING DEAD - TV Series

Karlos

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This looks like it's gonna be great. I've read all the comics upto the current issue, and it's something that all fans of horror/zombie movies should read. Can't wait for the series!

I'm so looking forward to this!! It has become my favorite comic book hands down and the show looks like it will become one of my favorites this fall!!

• Administrator

Okay, first of all, the three posters above- friends who's opinions I value- have all recommended this comic series to me.

Second, if that was a trailer for just one movie I would be besides myself with excitement. But an entire series?! :tongue: That looks fantastic!!!! :bigsmile: I will be checking this out- comic and series.:nerd: Thanks for posting that Karlos.

i too have the comic series but i picked it up in hardcover ,i came late into getting walking dead, and the first few issues are a fortune to get a hold of

• Administrator

When I got home tonight I showed this trailer to the wife. She's totally psyched for it now too. :bigsmile: I'm lucky she share's my love of horror (and movies in general). Just wish she loved "the kung" like I do. :tongue:

From the press release:

AMC's newest original series, “The Walking Dead,” will premiere on Halloween night, Sunday, October 31 at 10 PM ET. The Sunday night series will debut with a 90-minute premiere episode, subsequent episodes will be one-hour long presentations.

...and Karlos' feverish search for it on the net will premiere at 11:00 AM UK time, the next day!! :tongue:

...and Karlos' feverish search for it on the net will premiere at 11:00 AM UK time, the next day!! :tongue:

I'll be joining you!

ShaOW!linDude

Okay, I'm posting this to refreshen the thread and bring the upcoming premiere to everyone's attention. It's just 5 days out. I'm setting the DVR tonight so I don't miss this.

ZOMBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shaolin Chamber 36

This is really a great series, and the first episode is gory and well paced I thought. The premiere episode was leaked online on October 20, I got it immediately, and I have already seen it twice, as I couldn't wait. I love EVERYTHING zombies. The quality was not the best, so I will be watching it again when it premieres. It's about time zombies were represented, as oppose to all the vampire TV shows that have been out there.

Which reminds me, for those of you that have the game Red Dead Redemption, the new downloadable game pack (available today) brings ZOMBIES!!! New single player as well as multiplayer gameplay for only $10.

Another expansion pack for RDR?!

I'll have to get that!!

Yeah, roll on October 31st - I'll be downloaded that bad boy faster than one of the infected runs at fresh meat!! :bigsmile:

I've managed to resist the low quality pre-air, and am now waiting for the show to air so I can get myself a nice HD720 cap of it.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Sucks that I don't have cable and I won't be able to watch this on its premiere on AMC, but I do have the original source material.. I just bought 12 volumes of 'The Walking Dead', at a very reasonable low low price...

ShaOW!linDude

OKFC shoots..........he scores!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've heard only good things about the source material.

I've read all the comics upto the current issue - fantastic stuff! I encourage any fans of the zombie/horror genres to check them out.

Not much longer now. I've been waiting for this damn show for over a year now!!! One of the best comic book series I've ever read will be one of the best TV shows this year!!!!

ShaOW!linDude

I haven't gotten to watch it yet. Had a late night trick-or-treating with the kids. Plus my parents are visiting from out of town this weekend. But tonight, baby, tonight..........I'm getting my freak-out on!

I wasn't expecting much, to be honest, since AMC edits movies and all. They seem to have predicted that as a general response and answered pre-credits with a zombie stopping headshot. I was pleasantly surprised and moved my DVR timer from ONCE to NEW EPISODES.

Given the weak ending of Dead Set, which I had pinned my zombie hopes on for the season, I'm now really excited about The Walking Dead.

• Administrator

I thought it was fantastic! Every aspect of the show was top notch. My wife and I loved every minute of it, and it was a great topper to our Halloween night. We're already counting the minutes for the next episode. After former zombie maestro Romero's incredibly disappointing SURVIVAL OF THE DEAD, THE WALKING DEAD was the cure for that cinematic ailment, and a well needed step back into the proper (shambling) direction for zombie fans.

Brilliant television. I think this will grow to be the best thing on our boxes right now. I loved every minute of it. The realism was a refreshing change from the redundant feeling of silliness in most recent zombie efforts. The acting was superb, the humans and the zombies were deeply humanized and it kept me wanting more.

Consider me hooked.

• Administrator
Brilliant television. I think this will grow to be the best thing on our boxes right now. I loved every minute of it. The realism was a refreshing change from the redundant feeling of silliness in most recent zombie efforts. The acting was superb, the humans and the zombies were deeply humanized and it kept me wanting more.

Consider me hooked.

Well put bro. I was actually going to use the word brilliant myself, but thought people would scoff.

Thank God it wasn't full of blatantly obvious CGI nonsense. And the final shot... chilling.

Yeah, let me see...

Zombie outbreak, so I'm gonna ride me a horse into one of the largest cities in America.

Ain't no walking dead people there. What was this dude thinking!?

Yeah, I'll watch next week :tongue:

Archived