Gong Li

Son Of A Gun

Son Of A Gun

I have tonnes of High Res images from this movie and a couple of others. I'l post them occasionally. I just like the high quality of them. Plus the film is full of colour and beautiful set designs.

click to go full size

http://img279.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-4625/loc66/70770_highres_1.01454991_122_66lo.jpg

Edit: I've posted the basic link instead. - http://img197.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=71625_highres_1.01454991_122_24lo.jpg#

Son Of A Gun

ok, someone tell me why me image was visible when i previewed my post but now it's gone?

Seems to be happening alot lately with Vbulletin boards. Well to me anyway.

Where'd my picture go? :sad:

ok, someone tell me why me image was visible when i previewed my post but now it's gone Seems to be happening alot lately with Vbulletin boards. Well to me anyway. Where'd my picture go? :sad:

Not really sure what went wrong but if you use the 'insert image' icon and post the jpeg URL in the pop-up box that appears, it should work fine.....

71625_highres_1.01454991_122_24lo.jpg

Son Of A Gun

Yeah it does usually but lately it won't work when I post high res/large images.

Not sure why.

small images work fine.

I can't see the image you've posted either. Just a little box with colour dots in it.

I can't see the image you've posted either. Just a little box with colour dots in it.

Oddly, the jpeg URL has changed since I first posted it.

It was ...aAfkjfp01fo1i-22357/loc24/71....

And now its ...aAfkjfp01fo1i-3228/loc24/71....

This address change would have nothing to do with KFC or the forum. Only the site from which houses said image.

71625_highres_1.01454991_122_24lo.jpg

Son Of A Gun

You're probably right but that doesn't help me :( This imagevenue.com is the only free site i can find that will host high res images, i mean jpegs up to 3mb. And even that isn't that large. It has some trouble with displaying clickable thumbnails on Vbulletin forums lately.

Imageshack.com shrinks the images to it's own preferred size. So can't use that.

I could try photobucket next i guess. It's a free account but might not shrink my images.

Oddly, the URL (for the image) has changed yet again. Not sure why it is doing this but the initial link you posted is still working. Perhaps for now just post links to the imagevenue page where the images are housed until you can find an alternative? Sorry I couldn't be of further help. Maybe some members might have other suggestions. Hi-res contributions are always welcome and appreciated, so keep them coming....

Cognoscente
On 9/1/2010 at 1:31 AM, The Dragon said:

Man is that a beautiful woman!

:yociexpress06:

Her beauty explains why producer Jimmy Heung offered her so much money to be in a movie that Wong Jing had turned down directing i.e. Flirting Scholar (1993). Jing didn't want to work on the movie because he was alienated by Stephen Chow during the making of Fight Back to School III. Also, he had enough of a hard time working with Gong Li on God of Gamblers III: Back to Shanghai. You would think that Wong Jing would have learned something about the bad luck of threequels.

Anyway, this is what he said in his memoir when addressing people's question as to whether he may regret passing up the chance to direct what became the highest-grossing Category III movie in Hong Kong: "Well, actually, no I don't. Working with Gong Li on God of Gamblers III: Back to Shanghai was difficult because she was nascent to the world of comedy. Not only had she not done it before, but she was a novice in speaking Cantonese. Instead of giving her lines to say in Cantonese, we figured that she would deliver a more convincing performance in Mandarin even if it was awkward for everyone else. Two years later, she still had to be dubbed in Cantonese for Flirting Scholar. She was something of a reluctant participant despite being given an unusual offer by Jimmy Heung – one million U.S. dollars upfront, and another million after completion."

• Like 2

Iron_Leopard
On 6/14/2021 at 3:50 PM, Cognoscente said:

From #278 of Cinemart, I present to you...

278b.jpg

Can you post more pics of Gong Li please?

• Like 1