Yamada: The Samurai Of Ayothaya

Drunken Monk

kingofkungfu2002
Nonsense....its an ok Thai / Japanese action film with plenty of hard hitting fight action.

Agree with this.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Um, didn't they already rename Ong Bak - Muay Thai Warrior?:neutral: I would have to think people would get confused thinking this is the same movie, so they rename it, I'm guessing for a more western friendly title, but the brillance of marketing just shot themselves in the foot.

At least put Samurai or Japanese before it for christ sake:angel:

Right! MUAY THAI SAMURAI would be a sensible title for the film.

I re-iterate

THIS MOVIE IS GARBAGE

dont waste any money or time on it

Wow, surprised how much you hated it. :smile: I thought it was very entertaining. It had some problems, but still I thought it was decent.

Right! MUAY THAI SAMURAI would be a sensible title for the film

Or better yet, just leave it by its official English title! :tongue:

I absolutely LOVED this movie, so no matter what stupid made-up title they use, I'm getting this release. :bigsmile:

Another movie that could've been so much more. Two disappointing things were how the Burmese dudes were only fall boys and the Mortal Kombat vibe of the final fight.

Wow, surprised how much you hated it. :smile: I thought it was very entertaining. It had some problems, but still I thought it was decent.

could be Ive just not been in the mood, but twice Ive tried to watch it & both times I cant make it a half hour before Im ready to throw my tv out the window

its like a high school student project, only worse

the only thing I can compare it too was the abortion that was Blood Money

Ok, as much as I wanted to like this movie it was pretty fucking terrible. Shame as it could of been so much more, I liked the story, and the the sets, most of what looked to be filmed in a real Thai temple, some of the cgi backrounds were interwoven smoothly. The Muay Thai looks great, sadly the best parts are in the trailer. Buakaw looks awesome, I would love to see what Panna could do with him.

The bad - spoilers.

First and foremost is the actual fight choregraphy, people just run into (cgi)swords towards the end, also the lack of any kind of Japanese martial arts, I know this is a Thai movie but there's no competition, the Thais just waste everyone, quickly and efficiently, there's absolutely no threat or tension. It takes a gun for someone to get hurt.

The cgi was even worse then what I thought, I can deal with some cgi blood flying(though I think it's totally unnecessary), the end turned into mid 90's video game graphics.

The kid, I can handle some cute scenes but they just kept going back for more and more.

Drunken Monk

I just got this in the mail. I'm a little worries due to the divided opinion but hopefully I'll be able to give it a watch this weekend and make up my own mind.

Even though the fight of 10 muay thai warriors against 100 tribesmen was a waste, with all that cgi spurting blood, the movie is not garbage. The rest of the martial arts fights were exciting, as were the samurai vs. ninja sword fights. As for the American title, Muay Thai Warrior is a better one than it could have been. After all, they could have stuck "Ninja" in the title with more justification than that re-titling of Coweb. Yeah, the kid was a bit much.

The scenery was very nice as was the music.

Archived