Yamada: The Samurai Of Ayothaya

Drunken Monk

Don't know how this one slipped passed me.....gonna watch it tonight...great news about Cine Asia releasing it, trailer is awesome.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I assume this is the same film been renamed by Cine Asia....

Yamada Way of the Samurai will be released on 30 January 2012.

So, I take it that release date is meant for the UK?

Dadgummit!

yeah, sorry I know you've been looking forward to this one for a long while.

ShaOW!linDude

Yeah, man, I'm jonesing as bad for this as I was for "Ong Bak 2" after seeing the first trailer for it!!!!

I watched this movie over the past weekend and was blown away by it. Not only is the fighting fast and furious and amazing, but the cinematography, direction, story, and acting we're also top notch. It easily exceeded all my expectations. This being a Thai movie I knew the Thai martial arts would be well represented, but was worried the same wouldn't be true of the Japanese characters and martial arts, but they delivered in spades. The samurai and ninja scenes were fantastic. This unique action-drama film is a must see. I hope it gets a proper DVD (or better yet Blu-ray) release in North America.

It is a good film. My only criticism is the lead actor is very bland and his martial arts skill is far below the others seen in the film.

I watched this movie over the past weekend and was blown away by it. Not only is the fighting fast and furious and amazing, but the cinematography, direction, story, and acting we're also top notch. It easily exceeded all my expectations. This being a Thai movie I knew the Thai martial arts would be well represented, but was worried the same wouldn't be true of the Japanese characters and martial arts, but they delivered in spades. The samurai and ninja scenes were fantastic. This unique action-drama film is a must see. I hope it gets a proper DVD (or better yet Blu-ray) release in North America.

Now you got me anxious to see this even more, I found this on youtube -

http://youtu.be/VczC11U6LIQ

It's a good film, but please don't go into thinking it's the next ONG BAK (even though there's a few Jaa alumni in the cast).

The main Thai fighter is the character you'll come away wanting more of. Apparently, he's a real-life Muay Thai champ and he is very impressive indeed.

The action towards the end is very well done but it never hits the heights I was hoping it would.

I'd say, pick it up cheap when you can.

ShaOW!linDude
It's a good film, but please don't go into thinking it's the next ONG BAK (even though there's a few Jaa alumni in the cast).

The main Thai fighter is the character you'll come away wanting more of. Apparently, he's a real-life Muay Thai champ and he is very impressive indeed.

The action towards the end is very well done but it never hits the heights I was hoping it would.

I'd say, pick it up cheap when you can.

Ooooooh! Bogus. I hate to hear that.

Yeah, in the previews, the Muay Thai guy (hey, that rhymes!) looked awesomely brutal in his fights. I wasn't really expecting another OB but something on par with it, I suppose.

Doesn't matter. Won't be getting an R1 release anytime soon anyhow.

ShaOW!linDude

For real?

I checked Amazon UK and the Blu-ray link doesn't say but the DVD states specifically that it's R2.

The DVD is region 2, but all Cine Asia Blu ray releases have been region free so far, so no reason as to why this should be any different.

The later fight sequences make widespread use of CG (for blood and fatalities) and some of this looks horribly cheap, like a tacky back-projection from several decades ago.

I hope that doesn't detract from the movie too badly as it's something that does tend to irritate me the use of CGI blood, especially when it is poorly done.

Since I'm currently trying to watch what I already own and not spend any more money I can't afford on DVDs, I don't think I will place any urgency on this title after that twitch review.

I hope that doesn't detract from the movie too badly as it's something that does tend to irritate me the use of CGI blood, especially when it is poorly done.

Since I'm currently trying to watch what I already own and not spend any more money I can't afford on DVDs, I don't think I will place any urgency on this title after that twitch review.

I noticed all the cgi blood on the new trailer, shame as it's totally not needed! I'd rather have no blood then see tons of amateur looking computer blood flying all over the place. That said if the movie is good I can overlook it, but I'll still be annoyed. Still looking forward to watching this at some point.

The Blu ray is all region if that helps?

@David Rees: Hey David I hope your right about the region, I just placed my order for it...:ooh:

OK update I received this movie and it is region coded! This is the 1st. Cine Asia BR that has been region coded so far! :ooh::ooh:

Um, didn't they already rename Ong Bak - Muay Thai Warrior?:neutral: I would have to think people would get confused thinking this is the same movie, so they rename it, I'm guessing for a more western friendly title, but the brillance of marketing just shot themselves in the foot.

At least put Samurai or Japanese before it for christ sake:angel:

I re-iterate

THIS MOVIE IS GARBAGE

dont waste any money or time on it

Nonsense....its an ok Thai / Japanese action film with plenty of hard hitting fight action.

Archived