Yamada: The Samurai Of Ayothaya

Drunken Monk

Drunken Monk

YAMADA NAGAMASA, the young Samurai of Edo period, came to be a soldier in the Japanese volunteer regiment in Ayothaya. He fought against a group of Japanese who disguised themselves as the Hongsawadee soldiers and beset Ayothaya with troubles led by "Kuroda Toranaga". Yamada was critically injured and helped by a group of Thai warriors. They, later, vowed to be "bosom friends".

Yamada was taken to the priest with talisman and incantation who imparted the knowledge of Thai boxing and fencing to him. Later on, Yamada and his friends passed the fighting recruitment held to select the masterful combatants to be the Royal guards of King Naresuan the Great, the heroic king who declared the independence from Hongsawadee. Yamada and his friends fought bravely against the enemies, which could please the king very much. However, he never forgot to take revenge on Kuroda, who had defamed the Japanese. Finally, he could successfully kill Kuroda but in exchange for the life of his "friends".

Being deeply grateful for the kindness of the Ayothaya king and the friendship of the Siamese, the young Samurai was resolved that "this land was not my birthplace but where my soul would rest".

XpMCF1sJOUk

VczC11U6LIQ

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Amazing Psycho Per

Man... This looks awesome... It's been a while since fights in a trailer impressed me that much... Let's keep our fingers crossed this lives up to how great it looks.

So that's what this movie is!

They filmed this quite a while ago and must have been sitting on it. The only reason I know is because the K-1 fighter Buakaw Por.Pramuk (He's the one fighting Yamada halfway through the trailer. :nerd:) posted a photo of himself on his school's website a couple years ago, with a huge mustache, funny haircut and tattoos he normally doesn't have.

It looked like it was from a movie set, but it was hard to tell and there was no description or context.

920596119_9gJak-O.jpg

2305-Buakaw-Dragoweb.jpg

ShaOW!linDude

The previews actually sent a shiver down my spine and that hasn't happened since the first time I saw a preview for Ong Bak. Somebody find a release date for this thing!

Was that Thai kickboxer in Bang Rajan?

No. This is the only movie I believe Buakaw has been in recently, though he may have made some TV appearances in Thailand.

wow, that trailer is exciting! never seen buakaw in a movie so should be worth owning and the story looks good since based on true story so obviously it will have far deeper plot than most, cant wait :)

gwailosforever

It's Thai theatrical release is set for Decmber 2nd.... I'm in Thailand myself from the 12th January, so sadly looks like I will miss it :sad:

I just saw this with no subtitles and all I can say is that it's off the hook. I am more than satisfied. I wished it was 20 minutes longer, but the way it went, it was enough. The fighting is amazing. It's mostly in Japanese. Somebody said they talked to much...you gotta be on crack! This film is action packed. In the first 20 minutes, there was just so much fighting that they could have just stopped the movie there...lol.

Though no subs, I felt that this is probably a good movie. It has a simple story, somewhat of a love thing, cute little girl that make it cute..typical japanese thing, etc.I loved the part where they had like a Japanese performance and the song was amazing. They also had thai dancing, which was awesome as well.

Great film! I cannot wait to get the english subs and this is another great film to my collection of martial arts. This is what it's all about guys!!!

ShaOW!linDude

In the thread for this in the General Forum , The Amazing Psycho Per says the dvd is out in Thailand with no English subs.

I'm guessing this is what you saw/have, sen_pai?

At this point, subs wouldn't matter to me either. I just want to see this!

(Can't believe they'd do a dvd release w/out subs though, even bad ones. Strange.)

Can the mods please combine these threads? Thank you in advance if you should.

The english subs are out and for the most part, they were wonderful. By watching without subs, I felt the movie was short because it was only 1:40 or so. Watching with subs, the movie felt long and understood why it wasn't 2 hours.

The film is great. Great music, great story, so much emotion, etc.

thehangman
The english subs are out and for the most part, they were wonderful. By watching without subs, I felt the movie was short because it was only 1:40 or so. Watching with subs, the movie felt long and understood why it wasn't 2 hours.

The film is great. Great music, great story, so much emotion, etc.

where did ya find the subs?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1LCX46A9

The thing I wonder is is this sub real? I watched it and enjoyed it, but I wondered if some prick just made it up by assuming how the story went. Either way, it the subs are nice and it's Thailand's fault for not providing the real subs initially.

where did ya find the subs?

thehangman

Watched it 2nite really enjoyed it,wish it had been abit longer tho,hope it gets picked up for a uk release.

My parents just watched it and they love it. My mom can speak Thai, and she wasn't complaining about the translations at all and enjoyed it. However, she did picked up on somethings that weren't translated. Example, the little girl referred to him as "whity" or similar. Not a big deal and fairly normal that some words don't get picked up when translated.

ShaOW!linDude

@ BLFan:

You lucky dogs! Any word on the release date there for it?

Wonder what the hold-up in the US is. I'm dying to see this movie!!!

Archived