Hanzo the Razo

bearpower

Any Hanzo the Razo fans out there? Hanzo is an incorruptible and unorthodox officer in Edo .If so what is your favorite ? My favorite is Goyôkiba (1972) aka "Hanzo the Razor: Sword of Justice. I have seen the other two Razor 2: The Snare and Razor 3: Who's Got the Gold?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DeathFuMaster

I have the Eureka trilogy release, but haven't had time to watch them yet. I heard they were very good, but also ridiculous.

BlackLamaFaction

I gotta go with Kenji Misumi"s Sword of Justice. Pinky Exploitation at it's best. I like them all. But the other two don't quite measure up.

kungfusamurai

Home Vision released all three in a box set. They're alright. My favourite is the second one, I think it has the most fighting. But these films should be viewed more as exploitation comedies with some fighting. At least for me, I was expecting the type of fight scenes Katsu did as Zatoichi, but that never really happens in the series.

I noticed in Sword of Justice, he had three guys helping, but by the next two movies, he had two. Two of the three guys in that first one I thought were the same guy, at least from seeing them in other movies. One of those two always has a

mustache. Maybe they're related, I'll have to look up the credits.

KFS

Archived