Miike's Crows Zero 2

GwaiLoMoFo

Anybody checked this out yet? Big fan of the first and Im hoping Tokyo Shock has plans of releasing this soon. Seemed like it took em forever to get the first Crows Zero out. Dont wanna get impatient and have to order an import or boot

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I gotta disagree with you guys. I hated the first one. I found the story dullm the characters dull, the action and editing terribly flashy... Only two things I liked

- the end fight

- the Sogo Ishii esque opening and closing credits with The Street Beats

So, I went into seeing the sequel with very low expectations... but what, what, what? It was excellent. The editing and cinematography are so much better, the storyline while nothing special is slick enough, and the film is homo erotic beyond belief. It's still got an odd Meisa Kuroki R&B scene here and there (kinda funny that these tough guy gangstas are dancing to Kuroki R&B as if she was a goddess of hard rock) but the soundtrack is otherwise excellent.

After the sequel I checked my Crows Zero I dvd one more time and yes, if I don't manage to sell it soon I'll throw it out of the window :xd:

Toshiaki Toyoda to direct new Crows movie “Crows EXPLODE”

- http://www.nipponcinema.com/blog/toshiaki-toyoda-to-direct-new-crows-movie-crows-explode

Wow, this is interesting. Although Toyoda's last two films (Monster's Club and I'm Flash) has been a bit underwhelming, his early 2000's films are gems, especially Hanging Garden, and the high school violence film Blue Spring.

Blue Spring trailer:

Talking of Miike, any news on a Western release for his Ace Attorney film?

A subbed copy has appeared online - is a legit release far off?

Just watched both Movies and im wondering if anyone knows where i can get a R1 blu ray of crows zero 2 with english subtitles. i loved the second one and i want this for my collection!

Secret Executioner
I gotta disagree with you guys. I hated the first one. I found the story dullm the characters dull, the action and editing terribly flashy... Only two things I liked

- the end fight

- the Sogo Ishii esque opening and closing credits with The Street Beats

So, I went into seeing the sequel with very low expectations... but what, what, what? It was excellent. The editing and cinematography are so much better, the storyline while nothing special is slick enough, and the film is homo erotic beyond belief. It's still got an odd Meisa Kuroki R&B scene here and there (kinda funny that these tough guy gangstas are dancing to Kuroki R&B as if she was a goddess of hard rock) but the soundtrack is otherwise excellent.

After the sequel I checked my Crows Zero I dvd one more time and yes, if I don't manage to sell it soon I'll throw it out of the window :xd:

Recently got the second one and what you say here definitely sounds interesting. :tongue:

Archived