Jaguar lives

Gigantor

Starring: Joe Lewis, Donald Pleasence, Christopher Lee, John Huston, Barbara Bach, Capucine

Directed by: Ernest Pintoff

Rating: 12

Duration: 87 mins

Overview: The World is safe because.... Jaguar Lives!

Jaguar Lives, featuring Christopher Lee (Lord of the Rings) and scenery chewing master class in screen villainy from Donald Pleasence (Halloween), is a James Bond-riffing action classic from the Halcyon days of the back street video shop.

1979 World Karate Champion Joe Lewis is the Jaguar; a man betrayed who is drawn back into the shady world of international crime fighting when a Heroin cartel sweeps to power across the Middle East and threatens to unbalance world peace. Only one man can infiltrate the borderless gang of criminal masterminds and that man is... The Jaguar. He will stop at nothing and he’s ready to kill to bring down the pushers and keep the streets clean.

The Jaguar – Man of Action, Master of Martial Arts, Lady Killer – is here to save the world again in a 70s B-Movie classic that’ll blow your mind. Packed with fast cars, big fights and bigger explosions, Jaguar Lives is a square jawed Rollercoaster ride to wall-to-wall Kung Fu and white hot action!

SPECIAL FEATURES

Original poster art reversible sleeve

28 page booklet by Andrew Staton on Joe Lewis, Anthony DeLongis and Jaguar Lives!

Original poster art and stills

Gallery featuring original promotional material and stills of Lewis and mentor Bruce Lee

Interview with Jaguar Lives! star Joe Lewis

Original Trailer

Release Date:September 6th

www.arrowfilms.co.uk

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Nice! I just saw this grade A wedge of cinematic cheese a few months back (thanks to my man Karlos) and it was a lot of fun. Definitely worth an upgrade to a special feature laden DVD release. Thanks for the heads up Gigantor.

He seemed like a nice guy was only a brief meeting he was at the senishow in London,just had my pic taken with him and that was about it.

Damn Gigantor, you got in before me, I'm starting on Jaguar lives this week. I saw a screener a couple of months ago, just the kind of demented 70s movie I love, probably cooked up in a snowblind blizzard of Cocaine.

You gotta love 'Jaguar Lives' even if often its for all the wrong reasons

lets send Joe Lewis to Hong Kong at one point, have him follow a Chinese target played by Yuen Wah and then not let them fight

lets edit some of the action scenes just a moment or two too late, like the car chase where one shot includes all the pedestrians standing waiting to be cued before the car comes, but i still love the movie

There's such an incredible cast, so many great ideas, but just so many missed opportunities

Love the ending though Joe Lewis & Anthoyn Delongis ripping bits of the castle as they fight and literally making it up as they went along...

I gotta get the special edition dvd....but so much more could have been done, interview with Master Delongis, an audio commentary

Would love to see a proper Force Five DVD with tons of extras!

Archived